• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dark*Matter, Discovery: Pushing for Impeachment

Falkus

Explorer
Forge buzzed the team into the office, and you quickly made your way to the conferance room. The entire management team was already there; Stanfield, Leo, Harland, Ryker and Z.

"Good to see you," Stanfield said. "Something urgent has come up that we need to get one right aw- is something wrong?"

Friadoc

Explorer
"Sir," says Cade to Stanfield, "I don't really know how to explain this, but we either just had a group hallucination or saw a glimpse of a possible future."

With that precursor, Cade gives a quick explaination of what they had just seen, obviously expecting the members of Team Libra to fill in any missing pieces.

"When we arrived here," says Cade. "We initially found the site in a lockdown condition, with personnel dead on-site..." Cade's description is straight forward, dry but informative.

iwatt

First Post
Larry aids Cade using Autohypnosis to tray and remember details that might have been missed.

[sblock] take 10 on Autohypnosis for a 15 [/sblock]

Falkus

Explorer
"This is disturbing," Stanfield said after Cae and Larry related the vision. Z looked shaken. "I wonder if it's related to that Oracle business the other month, no, too dissimilar."

"Might be time for my sabbatical," Leo commented.

"Was there any indication when this was taking place?"
Harland inquired.

"It could be related to those fiend summoners," Ryker added. "It fits their style, but the Secret Masters of Thoth are gone, the FBI took down the last cell last week thanks to the information we provided."

Shayuri

First Post
"No, this is worse, I think," Meredith says quickly. "This thing...it was a man, sort of. Maybe possessed. He listed three things that had to happen. Blood of the ancients, death of the guardians, and sacrifice of the fey."

She looks around at the others.

"Which is all completely vague, of course. There's a HUGE number of ancient civilizations...any of which could have descendants or 'blood' right now. Guardians is only useful if we know what they're guarding. Fey..." Meri shakes her head at that. "I don't even know where to start with that one."

industrygothica

Adventurer
"No, this is worse, I think," Meredith says quickly. "This thing...it was a man, sort of. Maybe possessed. He listed three things that had to happen. Blood of the ancients, death of the guardians, and sacrifice of the fey."

She looks around at the others.

"Which is all completely vague, of course. There's a HUGE number of ancient civilizations...any of which could have descendants or 'blood' right now. Guardians is only useful if we know what they're guarding. Fey..." Meri shakes her head at that. "I don't even know where to start with that one."

"Z," Nick states flatly. "As for the guardians..." he looks at the others in turn, his face flush, a bit of sweat forming in his mustache, "I think that's us."

Friadoc

Explorer
"Yeap," says Cade with a nod toward Nick. "But, we now know more than we knew in whatever we saw...we just need to figure it out and prepare."

With a look toward Team Libra, then at the others in the room, Cade says, "We do what we do best; put the slap down on cultist idiots and their misbegotten devotion to some old power @sshat."

"Ain't no one, no how, touching a hair on Z's, or anyone elses' head," finishes Cade with a resolute nod. "So, anyone know anything about quick lil' creeps with a hard-on for knives?"

Shayuri

First Post
"I don't think he was talking about us, or Z," Meri demurs. She goes to the table and sits down.

"He was talking about stuff that had already happened. Things that had to happen -before- he came. Fey had to be sacrificed and guardians had to die and...blood of ancients was used in some way."

She looks at Stanfield. "Does that sound familiar? Some kind of ritual or something?"

Falkus

Explorer
"I know I can count on you," Z said to Cade, flashing him a smile. She was recovering quickly from the shock.

"It could be one of many rituals," Harland stated. "I'll check the books after the briefing, see what I can dig up."

"I might have an idea on whothe ancients are, but I'll have to talk to some people upstairs first,"
Stanfield said, tapping the table with his pen..

"Now, I agree that this vision is a top priority, and should be dealt with accordingly, we do have something else that needs to be dealt with, right now. It may even be related, but only tangentially. If you'll be seated, we'll begin the briefing. We've picked up something related to Cliff Kenzington," continued Stanfield.

iwatt

First Post
"Unfinished business.... I have a few things I'd like to say to that bombing bastard." The con man's eyes light up at the idea of going after Kensington.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads