Spelljammer Dark Sun confirmed? Or, the mysterious case of the dissappearing Spelljammer article...

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
But the context was suggesting a way to build a psion class. Two spell slots that recover on a short rest, cantrips, and individually selected features that enhance the above or grant new abilities seems like a decent mechanical framework for a psion class.
which would be terrible as that is the warlock some niche protection is necessary for dnd to work at all.
I also provided the example of the patron being your own fourth part of your mind, not someone else.
how can you grant yourself magic power if you do not have magic power? if you just have it you are a sorcerer, you learn it your a wizard you get it as a payment warlock/cleric and druids and bards are doing whatever they do.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
But the context was suggesting a way to build a psion class. Two spell slots that recover on a short rest, cantrips, and individually selected features that enhance the above or grant new abilities seems like a decent mechanical framework for a psion class.
Oh, to be very clear. My concept is a Warlock subclass called the Deep Mind, to be used in place of a psion.

at 1st level abilities that include no-component casting, an expanded spell list, and an extra cantrip from the psion-adjacent feats.

at 6th level an Iron Mind inspired feature, built off the mental fortitude aspects of the 1/2e psion.

at 10th level maybe spell options similar to the Black Tentacles of The Fathomless, but for a dominate mind, a telekenisis, and a mind spike concept.

at 14th level something inspired by the ability to enter another's mind

Yaarel

He Mage
Tasha's says that your Magic Missiles can be flying chickens. Flavor is very fungible.
Flavor bakes in.

Indeed, if the players want to reflavor a spell, they need to completely rewrite the spell. It is a new spell. Then I as a DM use the flavor of that new spell description to determine any implications within a given encounter. If a spell creates chickens, perhaps that makes the dogs go crazy. Depends on the dog.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
I hate spell slots but I can live with them I am no fool just bring me a working full psion I crave something different to wizards.

given that most sub-classes are scraping up hyper niche ideas a new full class will make 5e players sit up as that is interesting.

the basic themes are remarkably similar each time so it just needs mechanics which I assume wotc knows how to do.
Apparently they don't trust themselves.

Remove ads