I'm trying to make the nobles of Dassen a bit more fleshed out, giving them more than just the family name of their lands. I'm not sure if there's already anything in the modules giving them names, but wanted to ask for ideas or suggestions for the lineup. So far I have...
- King Alric Steppengard - I wanted something that sounded regal and strong, something that wouldn;t hint at the slow deterioration of his mind.
- Lord Dashgoban - One of the players is his nephew, and chose a name related to stone (Alabaster, "Bast" for short, specifically). I'd kind of like to keep that thread going with him. Shale? Onyx? Granite?
- Lady Dene - Wealthy but militarily weak, Lady Dene should probably have a "fluffy" name that implies a lack of real power. I'm leaning towards something vaguely French? (also, how would you pronounce her name... "Deen" or "Deh-nay"?)
- Duke Michael Gallo - A good strong, ordinary name, for the one Lord of Dassen with a clear head on his shoulders.
- Lord Iz - The good natured, kind hearted lord at the core of Dassen should probably have a name that sounds like a strong, trustworthy guy... I'm kind of thinking of a Scottish origin. Maybe Angus?
- Lord Megadon - I'm afraid that the players will just start calling him Lord Megatron, so... should I just lean in to the Transformers references and let it happen?
- Lady Namin - The shrewd political player who's angling at Steppengard's hand in marriage, she also has lots of ties to the Shahalesti. Probably looking for a upperclass British sounding name.
- Lord Rego - Clumsy, boorish, and a poor steward of his land. I think Rego should have a kind of weasely name to him...
- Lady Timor - The cautious wizard of the north might have a name with an elvish twist to it, thanks to her family's ties, long ago, to the Taranesti of Innenotdar...