D&D General Data from a million DnDBeyond character sheets?

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
1690518820048.png

This chart is based on Single Classed Fighters with Feats other than Grappler (grappler is the only feat in the SRD, so if they have a feat other than that then these are not SRD characters). Note I left off any fighter subclasses with less than 100 results total. I also left off unnamed fighter subclasses.

Overall Battlemaster slightly edges out champion here when looking at level 1-20 totals - which I think is more aligned to all our experiences than the earlier graphs showing champion being by far the most fighter subclass. I'm still a bit surprised champion is more popular than eldritch knight.

The other Fighter sublasses shown were all from later books. I'm honestly surprised to see Arcane Archer having slightly more entries here than Samurai. But also, there's a pay barrier to these classes - so without data that actually shows what content the character creator had access to at the time the character was originally created, i don't think we can do much better on subclass comparisons. Probably can safely compare PHB class subclasses though.

Hussar

Legend
Now I really would not have expected Champions to get more popular (or more played or more made, however you want to phrase it) the higher level you go. I mean, they sit pretty level from level 1-15 (about 30-35% give or take) and then do this big shoot up after that. I would never have predicted that.

And, I know I'm being a total jerk here - but is there a way to label each line on the graph? If it's a PITA, don't worry about it. I just struggle with the color coding.

FrogReaver

Now I really would not have expected Champions to get more popular (or more played or more made, however you want to phrase it) the higher level you go. I mean, they sit pretty level from level 1-15 (about 30-35% give or take) and then do this big shoot up after that. I would never have predicted that.

And, I know I'm being a total jerk here - but is there a way to label each line on the graph? If it's a PITA, don't worry about it. I just struggle with the color coding.
I'm not aware of a way to do that in excel using pivot charts (other than using a text box and typing each in). If someone knows an easier way i'll happily do so.

Agreed on the higher level. A few possibilities. More battlemasters might be multiclassed in that level range - leaving less single classed ones for this. Some SRD only champions might be updated to include feats and since there's relatively few single classed fighters at each high level band, then adding in even a few champions that way could be enough to make them higher than the battlemaster.

FrogReaver

It's also worth noting - champion gets it's improved critical at 15 and survivor at 18 which is right around when we see the increase.

EK and Battle Master get much less interesting/powerful abilities at those levels IMO.

ECMO3

Hero
I'm honestly surprised to see Arcane Archer having slightly more entries here than Samurai.

I am not surprised about this. AA is all around my favorite fighter and it is way underated as a subclass IMO. It is not as popular as the three PHB subclasses IME, but RK and AA are probably 4th and 5th in what I have seen.

Remove ads