• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DC/VA/MD ENW Gameday [Cleveland Park, October 27 @ 9:30]

jezter6

Explorer
If it was in Baltimore, I could possibly host 1-2 EN Worlders to help save up some cash. God knows now that the drive up in gas costs as much or more than a hotel.

thud13x

First Post
If you are still looking for Arlington Co., I am a resident of said locality and could do some legwork on that for you. I have a library near me on Walter Reed Drive just north of Columbia Pike and a fire station close on Glebe just south of Hwy. 50. Let me know if you need any Arlington Co. residents in order to get these rec rooms.

NK

Ethernaut

First Post
Cthulhu's Librarian said:
And just for the other side of the coin, Baltimore is 3+ hours from me, so as centrally located around DC it can be, the better. I'll still have to drive 2 hours to get to DC. Further than that and I can't drive up and back in one day, and end up needing to spend $ on a hotel.

Hey CL, you are more than welcome to crash at my place. And hopefully I'll be able to make it this year. I'd really like to run another GameDay event.

Xer0

First Post
Cthulhu's Librarian said:
And just for the other side of the coin, Baltimore is 3+ hours from me, so as centrally located around DC it can be, the better. I'll still have to drive 2 hours to get to DC. Further than that and I can't drive up and back in one day, and end up needing to spend $ on a hotel.
Which is why I said about having something more central to the DC/VA/MD area, which in this case is in the DCish locale, on either side. I wouldn't dream of insisting it'd be up in Baltimore, that's just as crazy as Woodbridge is for us.

The_Universe

First Post
I can't speak with certainty, but I can say that we're almost definitely going to try to keep this in the DC area, as a central location for our MD and VA constituencies. Woodbridge is a little far south (and not metro accessible, despite the fact that the Games Parlor is awesome), and Baltimore is probably a little far north (despite the fact that it's easier for some people).

Troll Wizard

First Post
Hello,

I attended the very first ENWorld game day at UMD, running a D&D 3.5 game during the first half of the day. I would love to attend another one, but my current schedule only leave Sundays open.

I would also prefer it be kept in Virginia, as coming from Leesburg to Alexandria is about 1 hour for me , Woodbridge a little over an hour. If I remember correctly, Game Palor used to be free, you just had to reserve x number of tables in advance. Though its been quite a few years (~10), since my old friends and I ran all day game marathons at the Chantilly store.

Agent Oracle

First Post
I'm in northern Baltimore... I've got a good record as a Master of ceremonies... but let me look around for a convention hall. How many people typically come to the MD/VA/DE gameday? If it's small enough, we could rent something like a conference room, if it's big enough, i know an auditorium that's open...

Xer0 said:
Just a bump. Has any decisions been made on this? Still very interested in attending and assisting.
Nope - no decisions. It's just a discussion currently. :)

So far as the size goes... well... I really have no idea. I'd guess between 35 and 50 people have attended in the past.

That said, we need space with multiple tables that are usable for hosting multiple games at once.

There are, currently, several things that I think might work:

(1) Arlington city library.
(2) Arlington city fire station.
(3) DC Convention Center (a little spendy).
(4) Woodbridge Game Parlor.
(5) Bethesda Conf. Center (any word on that Rodrigo?)
(6) Other things I'm sure I'm forgetting b/c I don't have my notebook in front of me.

I'm going to make some phone calls tomorrow and I'll update y'all!

Remove ads