• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DCC #7 The Secret of Smuggler's Cave - IC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: Dunt, Dunt, Dum... Dumm Dalapum Dum... Is the A-team ready to hit the hay and do a little exploring on the morrow?

Herobizkit

Adventurer
OOC: I could totally pull off a Bradley Cooper-esque Faceman. I don't know if this character can be as suave, though. Hes' pretty rough around the edges. ;)

rangerjohn

Explorer
OOC: I could totally pull off a Bradley Cooper-esque Faceman. I don't know if this character can be as suave, though. Hes' pretty rough around the edges. ;)

Somehow, I got the impression, he wasn't as suave as he liked to think. Oh though he did get the general's? wife and the french reporter. Maybe he used magic in those instances.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Jadinir slams down his empty mug and wipes his mouth with the back of his hand. "I'll likely be pissing this swill all night, but at least I'm no longer thirsty."

"I'm about ready for bed anyhow," he said, pushing himself away from the table. "Should I leave some coin to help you find some company, Nurkaz? The Gods know that you'll need it."

OOC: Good to move on.

Also, I checked over my character and I have a Cha of 12 with no social skills. Maybe I AM Murdock.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: Advancing...

The next morning the group awakens and heads downstairs to a packed common room. As they move to a table left open for them they are greeted by well wishers and other thankful townfolk.

They are given a grand meal for breakfast of eggs scrambled with a variety of vegetables topped with a tomato sauce that is slightly spicy. Not an elven dish as it is said to have come from a far away human country across the sea, but has become a local favorite. Adding a chilled white wine with fruit juices and warm bread aand soon everyone is ready for a day of exploration and adventure.

More folk file in to the Swooning Siren as others file out and it looks like the whole town has come to wish your group luck in clearing out the light house.

One man does not wish the group well and broods in his corner. But before they go he is the only person left in the room as everyone checks their packs and gear.

"Ye be 'eadin to dee lighthouse. Ye best know this."
the human says in the tone of an old salt dog. "If'n dat lighthouse be haunted, it be haunted by ghost that know the sea. I have seen the haunted green glow of the lighthouse me-self. And everytime it be at the time of the lowest tide." he gets up and heads up stairs at an akward gait. "Everytime mind ye."

The group tucks the information away and head out the Swooning Siren and towards the lighthouse of Fair Haven.

OCC2: Please post up as you leave town for the lighthouse on the hill and give me a stat block and spells prepared for those that need to. Thanks.

Fenris

Adventurer
"And when is the low tide?" Nurkaz asks the old seadog before leaving.

The monk is carrying little as he usually does, other than in his stomach, where several helpings of the tasty eggs fuel his walk up to the light house.

Leif

Adventurer
Caramir Thistledown, Elf Urban Druid5

Caramir hangs back to hear the old seadog's answer to Nurkaz's question, and adds another question of his own, "Just curious, Nurkaz, but do you suppose we should venture in before, after, or just as the apparition is due to appear?"

[sblock=Stat Block, Caramir]
Caramir Thistledown
Elf Urban Druid 5

S 12 +1; D 16 +3; C 11 +0; I 13 +1; W 16 +3; C 12 +1;

HP=32
AC:23; FF:19; T:15

Init +5
BAB=+3
+1 Longsword, Att = +5, for 1-8+2 hp damage
Sickle, Att = +4, for 1-6+1 hp damage -- spec att = trip

+2 Magical Hide Armor
Hvy Wdn Shield