• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DCC #7 The Secret of Smuggler's Cave - IC

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Jadinir raises a flagon and says, "Jadinir Adal." He takes a pull on the frothy mead, enjoying the flavour despite its clearly human make. He makes no show of such; instead, he locks a steely gaze on Alexi over the brim of his mug.

Last edited:

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Iago Heddwyn Pedr Botolph doffs his cap and introduces himself. "At your service, a fact which makes me wonder what -- exactly -- sort of service might be expected."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Why we need you to clear out the haunted lighthouse," the mayor says in hushed tones looking around.

"And find my brother don't f
orget," Olafiet adds loudly.

"Yes, yes. Sorry Olafiet." the mayor says slightly embarrassed. "Llewellyn, Olafiet's brother, volunteered to go and light the beacon to help The Nymph's Kiss on it's return voyage. Neither he nor the ship have been seen in some time though, I'm afraid."

"You can help us. We need the lighthouse without it we can't get supplies. Without it there is no need for us to build another ship for transporting lumber. Without it we might as well all pack up and head back to the capital. Please help save Fair Haven."

"And my brother."

Leif

Adventurer
Caramir Thistledown, Elf Urban Druid5

Caramir looks from the Mayor to Olafiet and back again, then he surveys the faces of his companions, seeing how they seem to be reacting to this woeful tale. "We might be able to see if we can assist you good folk. These sorts of endeavors typically require a considerable amount of supplies and stores, and we will need some additional supplies before we can get started. What support do you offer to us in that regard, and, after completion of the task, upon what reward do our hopes rest?"

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Jadinir raises an eyebrow, then slowly lowers his drink to the table. "Clearly, I've had enough of these," he says with a smirk. After a pause, "Or perhaps not. I may need more."

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Iago says, "Haunts, eh? Bothersome things to be sure, but, in my experience, prone to not molesting others unless disturbed. A missing brother, however...that is indeed troubling. Good Olafiet, I am certain we shall do whatever we can to bring your brother home."

Fenris

Adventurer
"If it were me, i would have built a new lighthouse. Might save a lot of problems. But I agree with Iago, a missing man, a missing brother is another issue entirely. I at least with help you." sat Nurkaz.

OOC: Damn Leif, mercenary enough for an elf druid?:lol:

Leif

Adventurer
Caramir Thistledown, Elf Urban Druid5

OOC: Damn Leif, mercenary enough for an elf druid?:lol:
OOC: Elf URBAN Druid, thank you very much! :p Hey, city life is expensive! :cool:

Caramir just looks down, shakes his head, and softly mutters, "Oi! Yer can take the Elf out of the wilderness, but you can't take the wilderness out of the Elf. This whole lot will be begging alms at my door before all is said and done."

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The mayor looks to Caramir a smile forming. "We have been looking into hiring a group should no one arrive from Guldin Falls. Since you are here we would offer up that reward to all of you. We have collected almost three thousand gold in items, coins, and gems. We will offer your group that amount if you can clear out the haunted light house for the town."

Olafiet reaches into a pocket and pulls out a small golden pearl. "I also have this," he says holding it up for the group to see. "It's magical and hasn't been doing me no good. You can have it after you find my brother... or find his body," he adds sadly.

"I'm not sure what you will find in town to help you in your search but you could see what Breeze has for sale she owns the local alchemist shop." the mayor adds happy to see the group looks interested in taking the assignment.

OOC: Haven't rolled the magical items available in town yet, will do that when you have the cash to go shopping. Everyone ready to turn in for the night and start fresh in the morning (going to haunted lighthouses at night sounds like bad mojo to me).

Fenris

Adventurer
OOC: Elf URBAN Druid, thank you very much! :p Hey, city life is expensive! :cool:

Caramir just looks down, shakes his head, and softly mutters, "Oi! Yer can take the Elf out of the wilderness, but you can't take the wilderness out of the Elf. This whole lot will be begging alms at my door before all is said and done."

"Whattya mean this whole lot twinkletoes? I seem to recall many occasions where each of us saved yer uppity kiester." Nurkaz turns to the mayor. "I am sure that will be a sufficient incentive for Cara here, but you can count me as among those who will help." Nurkaz gives the druid a look that implies much should he decline.

Remove ads