• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DCC #7 The Secret of Smuggler's Cave - IC

Leif

Adventurer
Caramir Thistledown, Elf Urban Druid5

HolyMan said:
The mayor looks to Caramir a smile forming. "We have been looking into hiring a group should no one arrive from Guldin Falls. Since you are here we would offer up that reward to all of you. We have collected almost three thousand gold in items, coins, and gems. We will offer your group that amount if you can clear out the haunted light house for the town."

"Whattya mean this whole lot twinkletoes? I seem to recall many occasions where each of us saved yer uppity kiester." Nurkaz turns to the mayor. "I am sure that will be a sufficient incentive for Cara here, but you can count me as among those who will help." Nurkaz gives the druid a look that implies much should he decline.
"Well, Mayor, 3,000 gold is a very respectable offer, and one I will happily accept. Old Nurklebones thinks he knows how to manipulate me, but I'll play the hero any day, if there's profit in it. Alright! Count me in, too. And, Nurks, I've stitched-up your foul kiester more times than I care to recall. I hope you'll wash it more this time out!"

Last edited:

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Jadinir chuckles. "I count no less than seven times that either I or one of our crew was directly responsible for saving your life, Cara. To be fair, many of us in turn may not have survived our wounds were it not for your healing gifts."

OOC: Upon reflection, Jade or Jadin would be acceptable among his close peers. For others, nothing short of Jadinir will do, and humans who refuse to use his full name might well provoke a stereotypical Barbaric thrashing.

Leif

Adventurer
Caramir Thistledown, Elf Urban Druid5

Jadinir chuckles. "I count no less than seven times that either I or one of our crew was directly responsible for saving your life, Cara. To be fair, many of us in turn may not have survived our wounds were it not for your healing gifts."
"Jadinir, I thank you for your assistance, and you are all welcome to what help I am able to offer, even you, Nurkaz," ;) says Caramir with a wink.

OOC:
For what it's worth, Caramir will typically address Jadinir by his full name, out of a healthy respect, and his desire to remain healthy. As for Nurkaz, well, now, we'll just have to see about that, I guess. :) I'm thinking that for all the sparring, Caramir and Nurkaz secretly may be somewhat fond of each other, even if neither one would ever admit to it. [NO, NO, NO NOT LIKE THAT, SHEEESH, THAT'S JUST GROSS!]

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
"Jadinir, I thank you for your assistance, and you are all welcome to what help I am able to offer, even you, Nurkaz," ;) says Caramir with a wink.

OOC:
For what it's worth, Caramir will typically address Jadinir by his full name, out of a healthy respect, and his desire to remain healthy. As for Nurkaz, well, now, we'll just have to see about that, I guess. :) I'm thinking that for all the sparring, Caramir and Nurkaz secretly may be somewhat fond of each other, even if neither one would ever admit to it. [NO, NO, NO NOT LIKE THAT, SHEEESH, THAT'S JUST GROSS!]

"Yeah yeah, we all know what a druid's word is worth." replies Nurkaz sourly but with a grin as he drain his tankard.

OOC: No, I get it Leif. Hey, Leif, leaf the whole druid thing :lol:. Anyway I get what you are saying, some underlying sense of camaraderie and brotherhood, despite surface bickering. Now put away the needlepoint and drink!

Herobizkit

Adventurer
"A druid's word is worth more than a smelly, lumbering dwarf... but every party needs an ass to carry the gear!" Jadinir burst out into laughter, slamming the table with an open palm before leaning back triumphantly in his chair.

Fenris

Adventurer
"A druid's word is worth more than a smelly, lumbering dwarf... but every party needs an ass to carry the gear!" Jadinir burst out into laughter, slamming the table with an open palm before leaning back triumphantly in his chair.

Nurkaz smiles with Jadinir then slowly shakes his head. "Ah Jadey, jealousy does not become you. Perhaps it is your mercurial nature. Still it is a trait you should work on. perhaps you can write a ballad about it." replies Nurkaz serenely as he picks up his tankard.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
As Jadinir takes a pull from his tankard, he points at Nurkaz and gives him a wild-eyed glare, indicating some unspoken but jovial threat.

OOC: Kinda like Hulk Hogan does in the ring.

rangerjohn

Explorer
OOC: Well a case could also be made for him being the Face man. He is a bard as well. Especially, the movie version, he seemed a bit mad as well. Come on egging people on to hit you?

Remove ads