• No, I use the minis in my games.

Votes: 82 65.1%
  • I don't buy DDM minis at all.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other

Votes: 7 5.6%

FallenTabris

First Post
I hate that the things are 'collectable' in random boxes. I'd love to be able to buy prepainted plastic minis for my games. But I'm not going to churn through 4 boxes of DDM to find certain things I want. That is way too expensive a proposition. And I'm not going to buy 'singles' off the 'net either. This whole rare, uncommon, common occurance of minis skews the prices of individual pieces.

Thinking about the poll, I would be very surprised if it didn't come out heavily in favour of "I use them in my RPGs". Why? Because ENWorld is devoted to RPGs, not minis games. If you asked the same question on another site, one dedicated to minis games, the answer would be very different.

Agreed.

Most people I know buy a few select figures for their RPG only. There a few diehard skirmishers in Vermont however.

KB9JMQ

First Post
Well I only use them in my RPG. I don't like the DDM game at all.
First I bought several cases until I had them all cause I liked having extras.
Then I bought complete sets since some were so-so and I didnt want extras.
Now I am only buying a case and will see if I even want more after that.

Ander00

First Post
I always wanted them primarily for D&D, but I also played DDM early on.

I was pretty heavy into the collecting, and have a couple of complete sets to show for it, but I have now all but stopped buying them. I could see myself getting maybe 3 of the commons/uncommons from Against the Giants.

cheers

Holy Bovine

First Post
I've played the miniatures game a few times but was never really impressed by it. It was like D&D without the fun Rp aspects.

I still buy singles off eBay but even that is dwindling as I just don't need anymore of these things. 3500+ is way too many as it is.

Tuerny

First Post
I used them for RPG and for skirmish. Mostly for skirmish. I find the current collectible format to be fine. I would rather have them available and relatively cheap and pre-painted than not have them at all. Getting them off of e-bay or a retailer is no big deal.

Remove ads