D&D General Death due to old age

I actually like that 5e got away from the relative XP system of 3e, and went back to AD&D style where there is just a big enough difference in XP of monsters, and in XP to level at different levels, that after a while the XP gain from low enough level foes is insignificant. I love just adding up all the XP and dividing it.

I suppose if there is actual attempt to game the system to level on weak monsters I might look into addressing it, but I think the idea of it actually having to be able authentic threat in the wild (even if not actually "threatening") rather than a controlled scenario is probably good enough for me.

GreatInca

Villager
I made a google spreadsheet of 5E height / weight / starting age / age brackets blending 5 sources, including the two images in this thread. I am assuming the 14 -> 13 as the start of the youth zone from the 1st to 2nd images is a typo.

The Google Sheet:
Right Click spreadsheet preview, 'This Frame...', 'Open frame in new tab' to load into dedicated screen

Height / Weight Ranges and Averages for Every Race, 2020-September

Height / Weight Ranges and Averages for Every Race, 2018-December

Homebrew Age Starting Height, Weight, and Age table, PHB races only, 2019-October

Homebrew Age-Bracket and Aging-Decline Table, PHB races only, 2019-October

FMAD Humanoid Age Table (Homebrew), 2015-March

Last edited:

Remove ads