• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Death Saving Throws - Make a save = You live?

Xorn

First Post
Ninja-to said:
Thank you all. I'm nowhere near page 295 so I guess I better get reading. This was just really bugging me while working through the first pages and needed an answer. I have a game on next week and don't know if I'll be able to finish the whole book by then. Cheers!

Start reading at 264 (Combat), then go read anything that you're still fuzzy on. (Most of the PHB is a reference book of powers and stuff, anyway.)

WOLead

First Post
GorTeX said:
Note that it actually is 20 or higher...doesn't have to be a natural 20

Very true I didn't even catch that myself, but what can modify a Saving Throw versus Death or simply a Universal modifier to Saving throws? The ones I can think of are:
Human Perseverance for +1
Fate of the Void for +1 or with Improved Fate of the Void +2 per activation
Ring of Protection for +1
Bloodthread Armor(Cloth Only) for +2 when Bloodied(Dying counts I guess)

Is there anything else that helps that doesn't require the person Dying to take an action?

Incendax

First Post
Every single ability in the Paladin/Cleric/Warlord arsenal that permits a saving throw (and often allows you to make it with a bonus equal to charisma) can be applied to Death Saving Throws.

Flazzy

First Post
Incendax said:
Every single ability in the Paladin/Cleric/Warlord arsenal that permits a saving throw (and often allows you to make it with a bonus equal to charisma) can be applied to Death Saving Throws.

Though you kinda want to be taking those death saves slower, not faster (you'd have to make 2 in a round if a cleric gave you an extra save in a round)

Remove ads