D&D (2024) Deborah Ann Woll and Matt Mercer consulted on the 2024 DMG.

What the headline says. That's it; that's the news! Click if you like, but that's all it is!

WotC consulted with celebrities including True Blood's Deborah Ann Woll and Critical Role's Matt Mercer when revising the upcoming 2024 edition of the Dungeon Master's Guide. Apparently another (unnamed) consultant provided advice on running game for kids.

That's it; that's the news.

Zardnaar

Legend
Can't really think of anything worse in gaming than watching others play D&D. Bleah. Woukd rather slather peanut butter over my love spuds and dangle them over an ant heap.

Doesn't offend me if others like it meh.

Probably grab the new PHB and then love or hate it based on its contents.

Haven't seen anything yet tgat excites me or repukses me. Vile minion of neutrality.

Hussar

Legend
Which in a way is kind of sad. I’d rather they consult people like Ed Greenwood and Margaret Weis over “streamer DM”.

But i also get it’s a different world and player audience from 20 or more years ago so yeah… and I’m willing to bet more people know Mercer over Salvatore. Which is really sad IMO but it is what it is.
Really? Matt Mercer is "Streamer DM"? Seriously? This is someone who has a couple of major 5e writing credits to his name and has probably done more to promote D&D than any other person, ever.

This isn't some random guy off Youtube. This is someone with serious writing chops and credits who has created a gaming world that is becoming just as influential on the hobby as Forgotten Realms.

And do you really think Greenwood isn't a consultant somewhere in 5e?

Autumnal

Bruce Baugh, Writer of Fortune

If you don't want proficient DMs who have written D&D material in a DMG who should write it? Politicians?
When I think of Dungeon Mastery, I think of:
  • Lacanian interpreters of Foucaultian critique of capitalistic distortion of leisure, and
  • cosmologists working in a post-string theory milieu of non-multiverse conformal cyclic cosmologies.

Who else? I mean, duh, dude, it’s so freakin’ obvious.

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads