D&D (2024) Deborah Ann Woll and Matt Mercer consulted on the 2024 DMG.

What the headline says. That's it; that's the news! Click if you like, but that's all it is!

WotC consulted with celebrities including True Blood's Deborah Ann Woll and Critical Role's Matt Mercer when revising the upcoming 2024 edition of the Dungeon Master's Guide. Apparently another (unnamed) consultant provided advice on running game for kids.

That's it; that's the news.

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Daddy
Do yourself a big favor and watch Daredevil, and not just for her (but definitely at least for her). Another reason? Hallway fight scenes! They made me totally reimagine corridor fights in RPGs.
incredibly well done tv show, may be the pinnacle of Marvel TV. She was brilliant in the role. Kind of had hoped she'd be in the D&D movie, but if ever there is a D&D tv show my hope is she'll be involved in it somehow. Incredibly talented actress who is also a big D&D nerd.

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
Yes, their acting gigs are definitely the reason they got hired. They could've at least hire Chris Pine /s
Let me just tag onto this: I've seen examples of how both of them DM and they do a great job. I just don't get the notion that somehow the fact that they're actors makes what they do unapproachable. I mean acting is something you can both be talented at and a skill you can learn. BUT, it amazes me that somehow they won't have something to teach about running a game. Talking about improv, for instance, is a skill anyone can learn, and will make you a better DM.

I have a couple of friends who are actors and they'd laugh out loud if you told them they had some special skills that only people like them could do. Watch some of Ann or Matt's videos and you'll get an idea of how they do things. And I suspect you'll get some things about how you can be a better DM. Or you might see some things to cement what you would never do as a DM.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
The Numenera aesthetic is millions of times cooler than RIFTS'.

Also, RIFTS plays exactly like its art suggests (this is a compliment).
I LOVE playing Rifts, we just get frustrated with the system on occasion, but we've been playing it since 1990, so we are also oddly used to it.

Remove ads

Remove ads