• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

December Rules Update Available

Elric

First Post
Yeah, that's downright strange. Would "shift 1 square and pull the enemy into the space you left" be a better wording maybe?

No. This wouldn't allow you to shift adjacent to the enemy, then pull it into the square you were just in, since pull has to bring the target be closer to you and the target is already adjacent.

SabreCat

First Post
No. This wouldn't allow you to shift adjacent to the enemy, then pull it into the square you were just in, since pull has to bring the target be closer to you and the target is already adjacent.
Ah, good point. Oof. My spiked chain fighter is now in a state of considerable confusion regarding one of his at-wills... ^.^;

the8bitdeity

First Post
I noticed (didn't last time) that the Dragon mags have listed errata. Does this mean if I go and re-download those mags it will have errata incorporated or will I ave to annotate my current PDFs somehow?

Errata'd versions are in the compendium, but I don't know if they've retroactively fixed the compiled releases.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
I noticed (didn't last time) that the Dragon mags have listed errata. Does this mean if I go and re-download those mags it will have errata incorporated or will I ave to annotate my current PDFs somehow?

I think this is the first time that Dragon has been included in the update document. According to this thread, only some (one?) of the PDFs have been updated.

Last edited:

Stalker0

Legend

If the intention was to prevent sliding abuse I understand, but the change has unfortunately really hurt footwork lure's use with reach weapons. In fact, its the only reason I would consider that power in the first place. Reach weapons need some love!

For careful strike, allow it to work in place of a basic attack and call it a day. Twin Strike is the epitome of striker at-wills, no other at will offers so much accuracy, power, and crit potential all in one package. It is probably the only at will in the game I could see doing paragon multiclassing for.

An at will can't beat twin strike in accuracy or damage without becoming overpowered in itself. For an at will to compete, it needs to work in a different way. Allowing careful strike as a basic attack opens up areas of use that twin strike cannot compete in...because it cannot be used in those areas. That gives careful strike a niche, some people will want that, other people will want something else. Every ranger will still get twin strike...but at least they might consider it for their second choice.

Overall, a good errata. If errata is going to continue in small monthly intervals I'm all for it. I'm also happy to see that they have made additional changes to things they have already changed. That means they are never above recognizing there is more work to do, I'm a big fan of that.

I will concur that it would be nice to see a change sheet, and then the full 73 pager.

eamon

Explorer
Wohooo!

They fixed shifting! No more stupid polearm gamble / threatening reach tricks!

Nice :).

Edit: They also fixed Arcane Implement Proficiency! Now you don't need to not be proficient with the implement beforehand, absurdly making classes worse off with the implements they normally use.

Edit 2: And the overpowered Invoker level 7 encounter power is now merely quite good. And the master's wand of vicious mockery is no longer abusable. (Is it still attractive at all? Kinda depends how often a bard uses his at-wills. At low levels, it probably is.)

Last edited:

They fixed Grasp of the Grave. That power was absolutely nuts. Auto-dazing zone that only effects enemies that doesn't require a minor action to sustain. Yeah, that's way too good.

Diirk

First Post
They fixed shifting! No more stupid polearm gamble / threatening reach tricks!

I'm not really sure about that, I'd consider Polearm Gamble a case of the specific (entering a square triggers an opportunity attack) overrides the general (shifting not provoking opportunity attacks for movement). Its open to interpretation, tho.

Remove ads