D&D General Deck of Many Things rerelease fixed (or not?)

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Probably best to go straight to WotC
Just put in a product replacement request. The problem is despite the cards being really badly warped, it is really hard to see in pictures. But literally the diagonally opposite corners warp inward so the cards cannot lay flat.
416783992_4301164893441964_7811565585246599707_n.jpg

Last edited:

Dante Ravenkin

Explorer
Just put in a product placement request. The problem is despite the cards being really badly warped, it is really hard to see in pictures. But literally the diagonally opposite corners warp inward so the cards cannot lay flat. View attachment 343296
I'm willing to bet that your copy is from the original print run. All of the original print unboxings I've seen have paper bands holding the cards, but the new print (and my personal copy) are shrink wrapped with a paper note to be careful cutting them open. I'm sure WotC would love to know how these got out in people's hands

Simpletense

Explorer
I'm willing to bet that your copy is from the original print run. All of the original print unboxings I've seen have paper bands holding the cards, but the new print (and my personal copy) are shrink wrapped with a paper note to be careful cutting them open. I'm sure WotC would love to know how these got out in people's hands
Interesting.

My copy (from my FLGS) was delivered this week alongside a deck of replacement cards. As you say, the ones in the box have paper bands and the replacements are shrink wrapped.

Neither set seem to be warped as far as I can tell.

I keep checking the Books a Million site and it doesn't seem to be available. I also stopped by my local BaM store last week. Does anyone know if BaM will carry this release?

I wasn't able to find any copies in several local stores, but one of the players in my group found one at another store and picked up a copy for me (and one for himself). His copy looks fantastic (he sent some pictures after opening it), and I can't wait to get into my copy at our next session...

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I just got mine and opened it and unfortunately the cards are totally warped. :cry:

Edit to add: My copy did come from Amazon. Do you think it makes sense to try to return them through Amazon or contact WotC?
Return via Amazon. No contest. Amazon makes it very easy. Then order a new set directly from WotC, especially if you want it budled with the DnD Beyond version.

From what I've been reading, I'd be hesitant to buy this from Amazon. Get it directly from the WotC store or from your local FLGS.

I ordered from WotC and got it in two days (I'm in the US).

Remove ads