D&D General Deck of Many Things rerelease fixed (or not?)

Books a Million is the only place I can get books locally. It doesn't appear that BaM is going to carry this book (I'm afraid this might be the end of BaM carrying any D&D books from now on). I don't really like ordering books. More often than not they get beat up in transit.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Books a Million is the only place I can get books locally. It doesn't appear that BaM is going to carry this book (I'm afraid this might be the end of BaM carrying any D&D books from now on). I don't really like ordering books. More often than not they get beat up in transit.
I had excellent experiences with Noble Knight, for the record. I can't think of a time there was an issue. And, as a (big) game store, they get the game store covers, too.

A draw like that will teach them there PCs not to stick their little wet noses into things best left alone!
The first player drew the Void, the second drew the Fool and the Puzzle (the re-named Idiot), and the third drew the Key. So two ended up really screwed, and the third got a nice new magical weapon lol.

I honestly am thinking about adding the Deck of Wonder into my current campaign for some fun that's not campaign wrecking.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I had excellent experiences with Noble Knight, for the record. I can't think of a time there was an issue. And, as a (big) game store, they get the game store covers, too.
Noble Knight is great. I use them to buy out-of-print board games and have been very impressed with their accurate descriptions and the care they take in packaging. They've earned my trust and recommendation.

I have tried to get my hands on it and it's always out. I have checked all my local game stores and book stores and nothing. So I'm going to wait for this whole thing to die down before I try to get my hands on it. It seems like a nice set, and it looks well done...I'm am skeptical of the price though considering some of the reviews I have read. Honestly, I think I would want to read through it before I drop that kind of money on something like that.

Also Amazon reviews are...well...they are either so positive that you can tell it's a bot, so negative about something unrelated to the product, or they are stating it's not what they were actually after and leaving a bad review on it like its somehow the companies fault they ordered the wrong thing lol

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I have tried to get my hands on it and it's always out. I have checked all my local game stores and book stores and nothing. So I'm going to wait for this whole thing to die down before I try to get my hands on it. It seems like a nice set, and it looks well done...I'm am skeptical of the price though considering some of the reviews I have read. Honestly, I think I would want to read through it before I drop that kind of money on something like that.

Also Amazon reviews are...well...they are either so positive that you can tell it's a bot, so negative about something unrelated to the product, or they are stating it's not what they were actually after and leaving a bad review on it like its somehow the companies fault they ordered the wrong thing lol
I'm generally one that likes MSRPs to stay as low as possible, but I think this set's price point is pretty justified. There's TWO hardcover books, a box, AND 66 foil-enhanced full-art cards. I'm not sure that it NEEDED all the bells and whistles (in particular the foil) and I wish that the Tarot-style book about the cards had more of the cards' game rules in it, but it's (IMO) a pretty nice product.

Remove ads