D&D 5E Deck of Many Things manufacturing issue from review to delay to dndbeyond article.

darjr

I crit!
Lol! Their own comment is awesome.

We drew from the Deck of Many Things and…

GameMasters

Explorer
Hi All, GameMasters here and I can appreciate the skepticism of questioning if the cards really are different sizes or if I'm purposely holding them to "fake" it. I can assure you I am not faking anything. I just recorded a follow up video to show how off size they are, I'll get it compiled tonight and will upload it this weekend to show a clearer image.

darjr

I crit!
Hi All, GameMasters here and I can appreciate the skepticism of questioning if the cards really are different sizes or if I'm purposely holding them to "fake" it. I can assure you I am not faking anything. I just recorded a follow up video to show how off size they are, I'll get it compiled tonight and will upload it this weekend to show a clearer image.
Welcome!

GameMasters

Explorer
Ironically, I just checked my email and saw the announcement from Wizards that they are willing to replace the defective product. In my "is it worth it' video, I cited that it would be a 'no' based on the deck itself, however, with Wizards stepping up to fix the issue, I am happy to include in my follow up video a 100% "yes this is worth it". Them making it right goes a LONG way. (just for fun, however, I'm attaching two screen shots of the deck that shows how off it was).

Attachments

• off.JPG
    off.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 68
  • off2.JPG
    off2.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 71

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Oh, no, nobody thought you were wrong about that: just that the size differential and the curling are part of the same defect. Two symptoms, one cause.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
For the record, I never suspected you were faking it. Maybe I expressed myself poorly; what I was trying to say is that it looked to me like the warping on the cards was making it difficult for you to hold them flush.

MGibster

Legend
There are times when skepticism is warranted, but your video wasn't one of them. I just wondered whether you got unlucky or whether it was a serious manufacturing problem. It appears to be a manufacturing problem, and to WotC's credit, they are taking care of it.

Remove ads