• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Deep Water and Shoals characters

dead_radish

Explorer
So, how many characters are we lacking now?

And does anyone want to link up backstories? I prefer to have histories with at least some folks when we start - if anyone's interested, lemme know!

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
dead_radish said:
So, how many characters are we lacking now?

And does anyone want to link up backstories? I prefer to have histories with at least some folks when we start - if anyone's interested, lemme know!

I can do that:)
My history basically says that I was picked up by a passing ship after being set adrift at sea - so the easiest tie in would be for you to be a crewman on the ship that picked me up

I do however note this point

He started out as a simple deckhand, swabbing decks and hanging from the ropes to clean and repair hard to reach places on the boats. His natural intelligence allowed him to quickly learn the navigator and helmsman's trades (his natural charisma insured easy access to training), and he was soon working for higher wages on the vessel of his choice.[/b]

Perhaps we learnt navigation from the same person and have been serving on the same ships for a while

and of course for a cha 10 Half-orc to have a high cha halfling as a friend is probably a good thing:)

"Your telling me the Porcs a navigator?... Okay we'll let you bring it on board but make sure it doesn't stink the place up:(" *at which point Malachi puts a curse on their bowels;D...

dead_radish

Explorer
Excellent. A friendly rivalry during the training, perhaps? Always trying to one-up each other, which grew into a friendship. Now we sail together, and compete as we go, but always support each other against the world?

And yeah, that would be good - probably keeps Malthas out of trouble (You sure you wanna do that, friend? If you do that, my friend will have to talk to you....), and gets Malacai in places he couldn't get alone (No half-breeds! Oh, he's with you, is he? Okay, but you'd best keep him on a tight leash!)

And I think I'll call you..."Blaster." ;)

garyh

First Post
dead_radish said:
Excellent. A friendly rivalry during the training, perhaps? Always trying to one-up each other, which grew into a friendship. Now we sail together, and compete as we go, but always support each other against the world?

And yeah, that would be good - probably keeps Malthas out of trouble (You sure you wanna do that, friend? If you do that, my friend will have to talk to you....), and gets Malacai in places he couldn't get alone (No half-breeds! Oh, he's with you, is he? Okay, but you'd best keep him on a tight leash!)

I'm the gnome sorcerer with magic missle and Prof: Artillery. If anyone should be called "Blaster", it should be me. ;)

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
dead_radish said:

Hey I don't mind being called Blaster but don't expect me to wear the gimp mask okay:p

Come to think of it seeing the gnome carrying the halfling around on his shoulders might be amusing - yeah garyh you can be Blaster!

dead_radish

Explorer
Bob:

1. Have you gotten a hold of Dragon 301 yet? If not, do you need the salient bits of parrying? If so, are you allowing parrying? If so again, is parry a feat or an action?

2. If someone has weapon finesse with a weapon, and they use it to trip/disarm, is it still a strength check? If so, would you allow a feat that would let you use dex for trip/disarm when using a finessed weapon? Malthas is in severe need of that. ;)

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Dammit, it really did eat my Character...I posted him several days ago (sigh)
Oh well, a repost it is then.

Bob Aberton

First Post
dead-radish - I have not gotten a chance to get Dragon 301 yet :eek: .

If you could email me the salient bits about parrying, I would be very glad - seeing as how the action has just started.

Also, trip is a STR check, disarm is a DEX check.

My reasoning is that with Trip, you are literally trying to force someone off their feet, whereas with Disarm, you are trying to sort of "flick" their weapon out of their hand, or actually strike at the hand; which, either way, I see as a more DEX-based action.

So, Disarm is DEX, Trip is STR.

Here's a feat to make Trip DEX, though:

Finesse Trip(or other , better name)

Prereq: Weapon Finesse, DEX 13+, Expertisek

Benefit: When you make a STR check to disarm someone, you instead use your DEX modifier.

How does that sound?

Remove ads