D&D 5E Definitions, please! What are Bounded Accuracy and RAW?

auburn2

Adventurer
Even under those rules (no MCing, no magic armor, PHB only) an EK Fighter is easily hitting AC 26 (with shield, and no other buffs) from 3rd level onwards.
I disagree with this for three reasons. First barring feats or another multiclass he is hitting 26AC for exactly 2 rounds a day, factoring misses against AC21 it is probably the equivalent of 5-10 rounds but hardly all the time. Second, without magic you need to take defense fighting style, meaning it is impossible unless you do this. Finally I don't think many 3rd level characters have plate. I know the two games I am playing right now with 3rd level characters, one has about 27gp and the other has about 60gp. Now they do have a few gems I don't know the value of and they have bought some things but not nearly enough to finance plate armor even if they had scrounged, avoided buying better weapons, decent food and adventuring gear and saved just for plate.

The only character I have played or seen played that managed 26 AC by third level is a bladesinger in bladesong, and that was with great ability rolls and a staff of defense.

Last edited:

Remove ads