D&D 5E Demon race.

Which ones? and also this was for a modern world were a person could use a rocket launcher so a special magical ability is nothing with werewolfs who can bench press a car and rip the door off and beat you to death with it. But i will look it over, but there was many abilities i had taken off, also all of these were abilities i had found for the D&D game for ether Tiefling or mutations from an official ish source.

Whats with them speaking Infernal? It should be Abyssal.

I dont see the point of any of it really mate. Just make em Tieflings, switch out Infernal for Abyssal and you're done.

dwayne

Adventurer
Far too complex and some of the special abilities are far too powerful for a PC. Plus there's already a tiefling race in the PHB.

a simple person would do that but in my game a tiefling is called a Nephilim and can be ether a dark or light one "half infernal or half celestial " as celestials are the same race as demons just they are better looking and good aligned. Any way without going into the over 5 years i put into making the setting back story and everything, the point is they are not just a one an done simple card board cut out race like you mentioned. they are a complex involved web of many different races and back grounds that stretch back to the dawn of time. But by all means stay simple, oh and as to the language well it is the common language in the setting for the lower planes.

a simple person would do that but in my game a tiefling is called a Nephilim and can be ether a dark or light one "half infernal or half celestial " as celestials are the same race as demons just they are better looking and good aligned. Any way without going into the over 5 years i put into making the setting back story and everything, the point is they are not just a one an done simple card board cut out race like you mentioned. they are a complex involved web of many different races and back grounds that stretch back to the dawn of time. But by all means stay simple, oh and as to the language well it is the common language in the setting for the lower planes.

What does your game gain by that layer of complexity and random charts?

dwayne

Adventurer
Options variety, a level of detail that runs deep through out the game it's self, all the players i have had in my game, who really are good players have remarked at the detail and the amazing complexity of the setting. My NPC characters have a life history each one and the more the characters interact the more details they find. To be a truly great dm you must make it feel like a living breathing real world dynamic in every way to the players so as that they literally at times lose them selves in the moments of the game. I have had players lose all track of real time while gaming before and only snapped out of it due to the over whelming urge of mother nature. So that is what i strive for and any thing less would feel like i am cheapening the experience for my players.

Last edited:

Options variety, a level of detail that runs deep threw out the game it's self, all the players i have had in my game, who really are good players have remarked at the detail and the amazing complexity of the setting. My NPC characters have a life history each one and the more the characters interact the more details they find. To be a truly great dm you must make it feel like a living breathing real world dynamic in every way to the players so as that they literally at times lose them selves in the moments of the game. I have had players lose all track of real time while gaming before and only snapped out of it due to the over whelming urge of mother nature. So that is what i strive for and any thing less would feel like i am cheapening the experience for my players.

Whatever works for you man.

Remove ads