D&D General Designing Morality Systems

Aldarc

Legend
Your theory seems like it would work better with a different five point alignment scale than 4e uses.

CE-C-U-L-LG

If the two big teams are basically Law/Order and Chaos (Olympians versus Titans, Asgardians vs Jotuns) and you have evil on team Law (Ares for example on team Olympians) then it would seem to make more sense to call Ares aligned with Law if you are using a ChaosKampf type model of alignment or a three point type alignment system while in a nine point he would probably be identified individually as CE and in 4e either CE or E.

You could then say that LG is more good than L, or that CE is more evil than C which seems more straightforward than the comparison of CE vs. E.

For the 4e comsology the Astral would be Law aligned and the Elemental Chaos would be Chaos aligned. CE is then down at the bottom of Chaos.

The oddity would be that Gruumsh would be on team Law alignment wise unless you switched him from a god to a primordial or demon.
If I were to design an alignment system for the biblical Chaoskampf motif, I would use the 4e one (i.e., LG-G-U-E-CE) for reasons have I already told Oofta.

Vaalingrade

Legend
The oddity would be that Gruumsh would be on team Law alignment wise unless you switched him from a god to a primordial or demon.

In 4e, Gruumish drunk drove his entire plane into someone else's to start a fight. I prefer he just be this really powerful jerk with no allegiance other than to being a bad father to the orcs based entirely on the 'these are my kids, I'll raise'em how I want mentality.

Only in my version, the orcs grok to this and hate him for it instead of desperately acting out to get daddy's approval like they're trying to win an Oscar in the 1990's.

Grummish is just hanging out in the wreckage of his plane, getting angrier and angrier that no orcs ever pray to him or accept his Facebook friend request.

Remove ads