• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Destiny's Tears OOC Thread 4E

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Thanee said:
Guys can be attractive, too. :)

Exactly so the males of other species can compete for the most attractive male... just not females. ;)

Thanee said:
Yup, tho I'm speaking of the MM Nymph mostly, of course. The Nymphs here seem more like 'Half-Nymphs', and there is a whole freakin' lot of them around, which makes them less 'special' unlike the regular D&D ones.

Molpe has seen two nymphs, one half nymph, and something else that is probably a half nymph also...

I say two nymphs cause Molpe did look in a mirror. ;)

So really there isn’t that many nymphs it’s just the other species that are impeding upon their specialness.

As for RA's nymphs, I can tell you that Molpe is pretty much the nymph that is in the M&M.

Thanee

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
Exactly so the males of other species can compete for the most attractive male... just not females. ;)

Average ones, no. Extraordinary ones, yes.

So really there isn’t that many nymphs it’s just the other species that are impeding upon their specialness.

You don't call that many? And there's a whole planet full of them, too. :eek:

They are like everywhere... ;)

As for RA's nymphs, I can tell you that Molpe is pretty much the nymph that is in the M&M.

Hmm? Maybe based on that one, but the MM Nymph is a shy, reclusive nature spirit, which lives somewhere in the wild in solitude, protecting a sacred place, driving any intruders away from it with her powers. And mechanically they are not very close, either.

Anyways... good night! :D

Bye
Thanee

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Thanee said:
Average ones, no. Extraordinary ones, yes.

*shurg* I don't think we are going to be able to change the other person’s opinion...

Thanee said:
You don't call that many? And there's a whole planet full of them, too. :eek:

I'm not sure of the population of the planet but I wouldn't be surprised if some of the super big cities are more populated than Amaranthia.

Thanee said:
Hmm? Maybe based on that one, but the MM Nymph is a shy, reclusive nature spirit, which lives somewhere in the wild in solitude, protecting a sacred place, driving any intruders away from it with her powers.

As its been explained to me the nymphs have only recently been discovered and have only recently been engaging other species.

Maybe when the newness of that is gone they will revert back some but the nymph in the M&M is based upon the Greek myths which is the same place D&D got theirs… I’m more than willing to give RA the benefit of the doubt.

Thanee said:
And mechanically they are not very close, either.

Well I have no issues having an ECL 10* character while you all have ECL 4** but I imagine others would so a compromise is obviously needed.

* The Nymph’s LA (+7) without humanoid HDs and 3 class levels

** The races in this game are really have a LA of +1

Rystil Arden

First Post
BS:
[SBLOCK]
0) Yes, you lose all your spells for the day.

2) Molpe was lodged in the captain's quarters, and the captain slept with the crew--and yes, it can get pretty tight with a full crew, though if the ship isn't manned to the absolute maximum capacity, there will be more space.

4) The luxury ships sometimes have pools, but they wouldn't be natural--at least they'd be pools though. Those luxury ships aren't really exploring ships, though.

6) Yes, the delicacies would cause her to produce waste
[/SBLOCK]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
RA:[SBLOCK]
Rystil Arden said:
0) Yes, you lose all your spells for the day.

Ouch... Capt'n Molpe it is. :D

Rystil Arden said:
2) Molpe was lodged in the captain's quarters, and the captain slept with the crew--and yes, it can get pretty tight with a full crew, though if the ship isn't manned to the absolute maximum capacity, there will be more space.

In all honesty how would a nymph fill about being berthed like this... Most humans couldn't do it for any length of time, by comparison a cell in a prison is bigger, so it seems like this would really be a hardship on her…

Rystil Arden said:
4) The luxury ships sometimes have pools, but they wouldn't be natural--at least they'd be pools though. Those luxury ships aren't really exploring ships, though.

Yes but Molpe is more luxury than explorer... At least in some ways.

How does the Bathhouse qualify for natural water again?

And I know we talked about symbiosis and such with lakes and such but I don’t remember why… I think it was to make a nymph colony on another planet…

Oh, I am curious of something. The cleric has bless water as a first level spell… Its not very effective for making a pool of holy water but is their any nymph spell that could make the water natural, if only for a few?

Rystil Arden said:
6) Yes, the delicacies would cause her to produce waste

Does later symbiosis remove the waste by some supernatural means or does it still come out the old fashion way...? (sorry for the question... Its an important one though.)
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
BS:
[SBLOCK]
2) A Nymph would definitely feel cramped with a full crew, though a ship can do fine with half crew, which would probably give more than enough space--And of course, the captain's cabin is definitely roomy enough

4) The bath water comes in to the bathhouse fed directly from a natural underground spring to which it is directly connected, so it is no different than most lakes. I would say that if you cast a spell to transmute the water, that this would make it unnatural by default.

5) Later symbiosis does allow the waste to be absorbed by the body, but only if the food doesn't make it all the way through the digestive system before the symbiosis--so you could eat and drink and symbiosise all at the same time without excreting.
[/SBLOCK]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Rystil Arden[SBLOCK]
Rystil Arden said:
2) A Nymph would definitely feel cramped with a full crew, though a ship can do fine with half crew, which would probably give more than enough space--And of course, the captain's cabin is definitely roomy enough.

The captain cabin is usually occupied by the captain... I just don't see Molpe getting allowed such a command.

Rystil Arden said:
4) The bath water comes in to the bathhouse fed directly from a natural underground spring to which it is directly connected, so it is no different than most lakes. I would say that if you cast a spell to transmute the water, that this would make it unnatural by default.

What about the description of create water? By the RAW it would seem to be very natural.
Create Water said:
This spell generates wholesome, drinkable water, just like clean rain water. Water can be created in an area as small as will actually contain the liquid, or in an area three times as large—possibly creating a downpour or filling many small receptacles.
Note: Conjuration spells can’t create substances or objects within a creature. Water weighs about 8 pounds per gallon. One cubic foot of water contains roughly 8 gallons and weighs about 60 pounds
Rystil Arden said:
5) Later symbiosis does allow the waste to be absorbed by the body, but only if the food doesn't make it all the way through the digestive system before the symbiosis--so you could eat and drink and symbiosise all at the same time without excreting.
So food consumed earlier in the day certainly would have to excreted, correct?
[/SBLOCK]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads