Devil's Brigade - WWII - IC

Ilium

First Post
Neumiller hisses, "@$#%", draws his combat knife and looks to Kerensky and the others who have made it across for guidance.

OOC: Just wanted to let you know I'm here and will post a real action when it gets closer to my initiative.

Starman

Adventurer
Not what we needed, Harris thinks. He flattens himself in the grass at the edge of the bank and brings his Springfield up ready to fire if necessary.

Lukeworm

First Post
~Just great, we can't even cross this @#$% stream without making a racket like %^&* ‎recruits.~

Harrison hauls himself over the bank out of the streambed on the opposite side to the guards. ‎He drops prone in a patch of tall grass aiming the LMG at any visible guards. ‎

Dracomeander

First Post
Great! Not a lot of hunters among us. Now the prey has been alerted.

Hoffman drops into a swale near the stream using the conteurs of the land and the long grass to provide as much concealment as possible. He starts to bring his weapon into line with the approaching voices then switches to ready for knife work. Straining his ears to make out as much of what the guards are saying as possible, Hoffman starts moving quietly to flank the approaching guards using the terrain as much as possible.

Widowmaker

First Post
As Hoffman drops down into the grass near the stream, he pulls his knife out. He strains against the sound of the stream to try an figure out where the guards and K9 are located.

Hoffman Skill Checks
[sblock] 14 - Listen
21 - Hide You figure the guards are on the west side of the stream. You are not sure but you figure the guards are 60-90 feet northwest of the stream. [/sblock]

Harris drops to the gound pulling his sniper rifle into position, waiting for the chance to take a shot.

Harris Spot Check
[sblock] 17 Harris scans the area looking for the guards and dog. But becuase of the tall grass and darkness you are not able to see anything. [/sblock]

Munroe creeps in the grass scanning for the enemy.

Munroe Skill Check
[sblock] 26 - Listen
Munroe figures the guards are about 70 feet away almost due north of his present postion. They are on the same side of the stream as him. He figures he has between 15-20 seconds before the guards and K9 will be on top of him. [/sblock]

Harrison takes two steps in the water and jumps onto the bank near Hoffman and Harris. He ducks down and starts looking to the west.

Harrison Listen Check
[sblock] 10 You figure the guards are approaching from the west. [/sblock]

The dog gives a slight wimper. It becomes obvious to everyone that the dog and guards are on the west side of the stream. At best guess they are at the most 100 feet away.

Widowmaker

First Post
As the sound of footsteps and grass being pushed around, the group hears the guard walking there way.

Jakobsen crawls about 5 feet away from the group into a thick stand of grass.

Jakobsen Hide Check
[sblock] 24 - hide
Jakobsen finds a thick patch of grass with a small dip that hides most of his body from easy view. [/sblock]

Ilium

First Post
Neumiller, having failed to climb the steep bank and not wanting to make yet more noise hurrying back across the water, crouches in the frigid river as low as he can and hugs the bank hoping to escape detection.

OOC: Sadly I have a Hide modifier of +0. Move Silently, too.

JDL

First Post
OOC: Sorry, Enworld was not letting me on for a few days. I'm back now. Also, WM, did you see my Plan check? If you did, I'm not seeing the result of the check.

IC: Kerensky quickly mumbles every curse word in every language he knows, and quietly draws his pistol. He'd have to wait for an opening, so instead he crawls within whispering distance of Jakobsen (but not so close as to endanger him) and attempts to slid himself beneath the cover of tall grass.

As he slides into a ditch, he looks up and scans the skyline for the communications tower.

OOC: Hide +1, without the Plan benefit. Search +10, without the Plan benefit. (Spot -1, if that's a more appropriate skill.)

Remove ads