• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Diplomatic Immunity: Funeral Procession

unleashed

First Post
“The fact we’re officially investigating Ammon’s death is certainly irregular though, at least in my experience. As for the alibis, that’s not helped by the fact we really can’t narrow down the time either Ammon or the stable boy actually died. Though I’m surprised the guard on Ammon’s room heard nothing, considering the door lock was tampered with...”

Bront

The man with the probe
"Hadn't he dismissed them though? Perhaps that was part of his compusion? And it's possable he tampered with his own lock then."

unleashed

First Post
“Well, there was only supposed to be one guard outside Ammon’s door, but I don’t recall seeing him when we arrived there near the end of the bachelor party. I guess that’s why he didn’t hear anything,” Tiberius replies.

Erekose13

Explorer
"I don't remember one either." ponders Mythweaver. "We know who should have been on duty through, it was..." he says recalling the name from memory (of which his player seems to be lacking).

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: You already asked this--the guard near the door patrols a few other areas just around the door as well, which means he's not always in sight of the door--it isn't like the Buckingham Palace guard who just stands there)

unleashed

First Post
“Yes, you’re right Mythweaver, it was Private First Class Tijano that was on duty at the time, though if you recall the guard is also supposed to patrol the nearby area. That being said, I can’t imagine how a guard could enforce Ammon’s do not disturb order when they’re out of sight of his door so often or for so long. After all, he didn’t even come back in the time it took us to break the door open and do a cursory search of Ammon’s suite,” Tiberius remarks, clearly irritated the assigned patrol route left Ammon’s door unattended for so long.

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: I'm a bit hazy on the events that started this investigation, but didn't we meet someone and tell them to inform the captain of the guard or something like that? or was that just a servant and not a guard near the door.

Remove ads