• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Diplomatic Immunity: Funeral Procession

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Remember, these aren't yes or no. You get the rather vague 'bane' or 'boon', which could mean a lot of things (let's say the augury thinks that the murderer would slaughter you if you confronted it--then it might say 'bane' even if the questions you wanted to ask in the ZoT were good questions) )

Erekose13

Explorer
(ooc: and I'd actually take that bane answer to be a positive one cause it might mean we get a show down with the murderer or of course it could mean people take offence and have us hung for treason... thats the problem with 1st level divinations they arent very powerful)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Ah, I see. It's a 2nd-level divination, but yeah, they shouldn't be too strong. I mean, even the 6th-level Contact Other Plane only gives one word answers)

unleashed

First Post
“Well, I don’t know whether an augury will give us a usable result, but I think your question needs to be refined a little to have a chance. Perhaps ‘Will we confront Ammon’s murderer by asking “Did you compel Ammon to kill himself?” while in a zone of truth with a large group of people present?’ As I believe the circumstances where the question will be asked, are just as important as the question itself.”

*Tiberius then pauses for a moment, before adding a few options of his own.*

“Of course, we might want to ask something along the lines of ‘Were you involved in Ammon’s death?’ or ‘Were you responsible for Ammon’s death?’, just in case we’re wrong about the way Ammon died. After all, it could have been a murder staged as a suicide or something else, and not Ammon killing himself under some form of compulsion ... even though that seems the most likely method, taking the stable boy into consideration as well. An added benefit of my alternate questions is that they could reveal conspirators if there are any, as they’re not just focused on the act of killing Ammon itself. Though then we’d probably want to change the first part of your question to ‘Will we confront those involved in Ammon’s death by asking’ as well, if we intend to broaden the scope of the question we intend to ask in the zone of truth.”

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: You can't ask the 'will we confront those involved in Ammon's death' part of the question--you can suggest a course of action, the latter half is fine for that, and then it says Bane or Boon (or both or neither))

Erekose13

Explorer
"Good points. With the time limits might we manage 2 questions with the Zone of Truth per person? I think we need better phrasing for the augury though because if I remember correctly asking will we yields little because we are not sure if it would be weal or woe to confront the murderer."

unleashed

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: You can't ask the 'will we confront those involved in Ammon's death' part of the question--you can suggest a course of action, the latter half is fine for that, and then it says Bane or Boon (or both or neither))
OOC: I just copied what Mythweaver said for the first part, so don't look at me. :p

Erekose13

Explorer
"Alright without being able to phrase our augury with 'will we' perhaps stating our course of action 'Ask all visitors and inhabitants of the palace 'Were you involved in Ammon's death?' will be enough to receive a weal or woe answer." replies Mythweaver.

Remove ads