Diplomatic Immunity OOC: The Next Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
It’s gotten slightly better… Weird. It’s not me. Other websites move just as quick as normal. (I reconnected anyhow but that didn’t help any.)

RA: [sblock] Nope, not taking any nymph levels with Kalli. In fact her next two levels will be Amazon. Did I assume right that gladiator doesn’t have Speak Language as a class skill either?

(By the book only the Bard has it as a class skill so I have a feeling that alot of the classes and PC built for other games have to many languages now. Are you sure this is something you don’t want to house rule?)[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
That is pretty weird, could it have been the update?
[SBLOCK=BS]
You're right about Gladiator. Don't worry about the other classes--There's very few that I defined as 'Everything but' (just three), and I checked all of them--and only Amazon had the typo. So since nobody else is an Amazon, there's no one with the wrong number of skill points, although it was good to point that out so I could check.[/SBLOCK]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
RA: maybe. It’s was old sever slow/or I’m downloading a file slow and it’s usually faster than that. (It's better this morning at least)

RA: [sblock]Okay... Looks like I'll have to adjust Slagg also. :/ (and here I was hoping not to have a game with sblocks and now I have two new games were I won’t be able to read most of the posts. Ohhhh fun. :( ) [/sblock]

unleashed said:
Don't worry...now you can SBLOCK with the rest of us Post for Kalli. ;)

Thanks. :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
BS:
[SBLOCK]
Slagg's not an Amazon, so it's not my fault if you gave him languages for one skill point--what made you think he had that as a class skill? (just wondering)
[/SBLOCK]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
RA: [sblock] Honesty, I don’t think I ever realized that it was a class skill for anyone… I rarely add languages past my basic bonus languages and it seems like a rather silly rule. The only way to play a master linguist would be with a bard and there are other classes where I think the PC are on a whole more intelligent.

7th level Human Bard with 4 Int could speak: 11 languages (figure common but no other native dialog, 0 bonus languages, 10 class skills)

7th level Human Wizard with an Int of 18 could speak: 10 languages. (figure common but no other native dialog, 4 bonus languages, 5 class skills)

Just seems wrong to me. [/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
BS:
[SBLOCK]
Actually, the Bard could speak 41 languages (0 in 3.0 when that was too low of an Int to speak a language), and the Wizard can speak 41 also. You happened to pick an example where they would have exactly the same number :lol:
[/SBLOCK]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Rystil Arden[SBLOCK]
Rystil Arden said:
Actually, the Bard could speak 41 languages (0 in 3.0 when that was too low of an Int to speak a language), and the Wizard can speak 41 also. You happened to pick an example where they would have exactly the same number :lol:

Could you explain your math RA? That’s way more than they get as a bonus language and it is a skill so it hits level limits. (Class =lvl +3; cross class = (lvl +3) /2)

And why must you always beeping laugh at me when we are discussing the rules? :( I don't really find it all that funny. [/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
BS:
[SBLOCK]
Oh, I wasn't laughing at you or at your ideas, I just found it really ironic because of all the possible situations in the world, you picked one where they have exactly the same number. As to your confusion, check on page 82 of the Player's Handbook under Speak Language where it says "Instead of buying a rank in it, you choose a new language that you can speak." It isn't bound by rank limits because you never get ranks in it, so the only difference for class and cross-class is the cost. Frankly, in 3.0, everybody had to pay 2 skill points per language, so you're getting a really really good deal if you manage to get it for one :)
[/SBLOCK]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads