• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Discussion) General Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thels

First Post
I'd like to go on the monastery mission too, but there's so many players crawling over it, I decided to forget about it and look for other things. Since Manzanita's char hooked up with me, I'll probably be on the same quest she's going. Probably K-B's.

Jack Haggerty

First Post
WizWrm said:
Also - I assume I did know about the Forest of Ar? I thought there was a map for sale and a guy advertising it in the inn, but the guy hasn't said anything recently, and didn't the map get pickpocketed from Jack?

Unless Uriel strenuously objects, I did leave the map for sale next door at the Trading Post... A bargain at 10 gp, or give me your best offer. ;)

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
WizWrm said:
Out-of-character, I'd most like to do the Monastery adventure. However, if there's going to be a huge group (I was ready for seven, but not 9+), I'll carry out Velbrik's excuse (and it is just an excuse, since in-character, Velbrik does want to follow up on the orc attacks and has no interest in the forest). On the other hand, I don't want to force Troi to go anywhere you don't want to, nor do I want to end up left behind, so I could just tolerate a massive group.

We could also easily do two groups going for the monastery, seperate from each other, and see where that gets us. If we had one group doing a direct route, and another doing it more sneakily... don't know how we'd do it, of course, and this is just an idea.

For now, I guess I'll just harass the cultists or something while this gets worked out.

Sounds like a plan to me. :)

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Creamsteak said:
Thels, I still don't have the time to put together the official rules threads. That's a two hour project, and I've spent the last three weeks with test after test after test after paper after midterm after paper after paper after meeting after conferance after paper.

It'll get done eventually. I just don't have that kind of time at school anymore. If someone wants to type it all up, they are welcome too, but it's not something I'm calling for. There are four people with access to the LEW account afterall.

Macbeth said:
I would love to help, but I too am in the middle of the midterm rush. I think I have tests all the way through the begining of next week. If, somehow, I can find time, I will do a compilatio of rules, but at this rate I'm going to be pressed for time at least till monday.

Creamsteak said:
Preach it, brother.

No hurry, really, just wondering.

Might it help to have a separate thread for proposing, discussing and approving new 'house' rules? Or... If you need any other help let me know, I'd be happy to help.

But... (and now back to my own selfish agena ;) ) If any of you judges have a moment or two, could take a peek at my PrC over in the House Rules forum? I'm getting a lot of good suggestions from other players, but its really you judges who count... It'd help to know what you think of it, if even in the most general way.

I definatly want to go on the Monastery adventure...fits Telerin's personality and motivation at the moment...and Aranel is pretty much tagging along with me...

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC"Im going to do two adventures, connected. So, split into the Monestary and the Tower of Delmon. Id like 5-6 for the Monestary and the rest 4-6? for the Tower.

IC: The Roadwarden says somethingelse to Bron, which causes him to turn to the assembled folk again.'It seems that the old Wizard may yet live. There was talk of flashes of energy last night, when we thought him slain yesterday. Peraps a group could reach his tower and rescue him...'

Last edited:

Macbeth

First Post
Jack Haggerty said:

Might it help to have a separate thread for proposing, discussing and approving new 'house' rules? Or... If you need any other help let me know, I'd be happy to help.

But... (and now back to my own selfish agena ;) ) If any of you judges have a moment or two, could take a peek at my PrC over in the House Rules forum? I'm getting a lot of good suggestions from other players, but its really you judges who count... It'd help to know what you think of it, if even in the most general way.
I shoudl be able to get a quick look in (I study in fron of my computer), but don't expect any deep response until this weekend at best. I just took a look at my schedule, and the worst of the midterms end on Friday, but I still have one test Monday.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Jack Haggerty said:

Make a thread. Begin it with (Proposal). That should cover all these kinds of things.

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Creamsteak said:
Make a thread. Begin it with (Proposal). That should cover all these kinds of things.

Great! I'm assuming one proposal thread per feat/spell/class/race? Or would you rather have one thread for all of them, like the Character Generation thread or the Trading Post?

Also... is there any procedure for PCs who go AWOL is the midst of an adventure? For example, we've got a cleric in Janos' Slaying the Dreamer adventure who has suddenly stopped posting just when we really needed him, and it's starting to hold the game up.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
That's one (proposal) thread for each seperate proposal. I'm also going to recommend that anything that can have a thread in house-rules for discussion there should have that as well.

Once I get the time to really write an overall guide to playing Living Enworld and stuff, I'll explain all those specifics, but for now I'm sure you guys all know how to do this anyway.

Procedure for a player that disappears is up to that DM. If a player does not come back (and appologise) before the end of the adventure, they get no experience and it should be brought up to a judge for review. If the DM wants to run the character or if another player is willing to give that character "commands" like (heal me) when necessary... those are solutions I've used before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads