• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Discussion) General Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Does anyone know what the map of En World looks like? Or, actually, any general knowledge of the world? Like, if it's even called En? I don't really know, the archivomatic has a post about the map, but it's a bit confusing and not in a clear perspective. That map is located here. Is that the most recent?

orsal

LEW Judge
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Well, I think I e-mailed the right people, LEW Judge, correct? The "guy" who started the character tracking thread.

The character judge is nimisgod. His email address is given in the first post -- that's where you should write.

Dexerion

First Post
just wanted to let some of you all know that i am plotting two adventures right now. i have sent an email to knight otu and plan on working with him to get the first adventure kicked off sometime next week or the week after valentines day (i will be gone on a ski trip that week). The second adventure will start about two weeks after the first and is reserved for true neutral, neutral evil, chaotic neutral, or lawful evil characters only. If any of you have ever wanted to play a darker sided game in LEW then be thinking of characters now and you might want to get them to the inn to play some cards...

also, i am lazy and don't feel like looking up which one of you is the Rat Bastard DM. Do you remember or know Rune, drunkadelic or rootbeergnome? I have played in all of thier games at some point IRL. I think Rune was the only offical rat bastard... oh, and he represented your little club quite well.

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
I have a question about Prestidigitation. The wording on the spell isn't entirely clear, perhaps someone could elucidate for me:

Prestidigitation
Universal
Level: Brd 0, Sor/Wiz 0
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: 10 ft.
Target, Effect, or Area: See text
Duration: 1 hour
Saving Throw: See text
Spell Resistance: No
Prestidigitations are minor tricks that novice spellcasters use for practice. Once cast, a prestidigitation spell enables you to perform simple magical effects for 1 hour. The effects are minor and have severe limitations. A prestidigitation can slowly lift 1 pound of material. It can color, clean, or soil items in a 1-foot cube each round. It can chill, warm, or flavor 1 pound of nonliving material. It cannot deal damage or affect the concentration of spellcasters. Prestidigitation can create small objects, but they look crude and artificial. The materials created by a prestidigitation spell are extremely fragile, and they cannot be used as tools, weapons, or spell components. Finally, a prestidigitation lacks the power to duplicate any other spell effects. Any actual change to an object (beyond just moving, cleaning, or soiling it) persists only 1 hour.

Now, from that, I gather that I can cast the spell and then do all those things for one hour, switching from effect to effect at will, creating dinky little illusions and minor magic tricks for peasants, all for one hour.

However, I could see how you might have to select the effect you want to use from the start and you could then maintain the effect for the hour. Like, creating one illusory ball to float above your hand for one hour, that's it.

If so, what a dinky little spell. But it IS level 0. Thoughts?

Dexerion

First Post
i, and all the dms whose games i have played in, have inturrpretted the spell as maintainning one effect for an hour. changeing the effects seems so much more fun though.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
I have a question about Prestidigitation. The wording on the spell isn't entirely clear, perhaps someone could elucidate for me:

Now, from that, I gather that I can cast the spell and then do all those things for one hour, switching from effect to effect at will, creating dinky little illusions and minor magic tricks for peasants, all for one hour.

However, I could see how you might have to select the effect you want to use from the start and you could then maintain the effect for the hour. Like, creating one illusory ball to float above your hand for one hour, that's it.

If so, what a dinky little spell. But it IS level 0. Thoughts?

The text indicates to me that you can create any of the effects for the duration. it has enough constrainsts that I don't think switching effects is a big deal. The only thing my character uses it for is entertainment, to add ambiance to her storytelling or singing.

kb

Kahuna Burger

First Post
the question has come up in my game "Are psionic powers subject to dmage reduction?" The power in question creates a crystal shard that does piercing damage and is not subject to psi/spell resistance. My take is that regadless of its origen it is a physical object doing the damage and thus subject to DR. (much as a summoned monster does not automaticly overcome DR just because its magic). A power that did its damage throughdirect aplication of psionic might (and was subject to psi/spell resistance) would overcome DR because its nolonger a physical attack.

is that ruling cool with everyone for my game, or is this something any of the judges feel strongly about?

kahuna burger

Knight Otu

First Post
orsal said:
The character judge is nimisgod. His email address is given in the first post -- that's where you should write.
What orsal said. Also, I recently volunteered as a second character judge, and so far no one opposed that. I'll edit the appropriate posts later tomorrow if no one objects that.

Dexerion said:
just wanted to let some of you all know that i am plotting two adventures right now. i have sent an email to knight otu and plan on working with him to get the first adventure kicked off sometime next week or the week after valentines day (i will be gone on a ski trip that week).
I've sent the proposal along to the other judges. I should be able to comment further on it later today, or tomorrow.

Rae ArdGaoth said:
I'd read it as such.

Kahuna Burger said:
is that ruling cool with everyone for my game, or is this something any of the judges feel strongly about?
By the rules as written, Damage Reduction only applies to weapon damage, whether natural weapons or manufactured weapons. Spell damage of any kind is not subject to DR. However, I would rule in my own games that piercing, slashing and bludgeoning damage from spells also is subject to DR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads