D&D 5E Divine Soul Sorcerer spells

I have a strange question about Divine Soul Sorcerers. The way I read the rules is that essentially, a Sorcerer basically has available every Cleric spell of the levels they know, PLUS the sorcerer spells they would get. This seems wrong on so many levels, but I wanted to check what everyone thought.
Your link to the divine allows you to learn Spells from the Cleric class. When your Spellcasting feature lets you learn or replace a Sorcerer cantrip or a Sorcerer spell of 1st Level or higher, you can choose the new spell from the Cleric spell list or the Sorcerer spell list. You must otherwise obey all the restrictions for selecting the spell, and it becomes a Sorcerer spell for you.
It is a Sorcerer spell for you, but it doesn’t count against your number of Sorcerer Spells known. If you later replace this spell, you must replace it with a spell from the Cleric spell list.
If it is a Sorcerer spell, but it doesn't count against your number of Sorcerer Spells known, you can then choose another spell. If you choose another Cleric spell, you still have your specified number of Sorcerer spells to learn, so you can pick another. This goes on until you select all of your Cleric options, and THEN you select your two Sorcerer spells.

I may be getting overly technical, but I believe this is what it is saying, even if it is not what was intended.

Looking for thoughts on this.

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
I have a strange question about Divine Soul Sorcerers. The way I read the rules is that essentially, a Sorcerer basically has available every Cleric spell of the levels they know, PLUS the sorcerer spells they would get. This seems wrong on so many levels, but I wanted to check what everyone thought.

If it is a Sorcerer spell, but it doesn't count against your number of Sorcerer Spells known, you can then choose another spell. If you choose another Cleric spell, you still have your specified number of Sorcerer spells to learn, so you can pick another. This goes on until you select all of your Cleric options, and THEN you select your two Sorcerer spells.

I may be getting overly technical, but I believe this is what it is saying, even if it is not what was intended.

Looking for thoughts on this.

Still finite on Sorcerer spells known

Divine Soul is one if the most powerful classes in the game

Remove ads