DK1: Veiled Thorns (Moggthegob Judging)

Status
Not open for further replies.

renau1g

First Post
As the group made their way out into daylight once more, Jehen fished around in her pockets for a moment, extracting a pair of spectacles with shaded glass lenses. With those in place, she looked around the area briefly before shaking her head. "First Tower is quite a ways off. Perhaps we might get a skycoach at least part of the way?"

OOC: First Tower it is then, I guess. Since I don't imagine we could get a skycab all the way there, I suppose we can get one down to whatever gate is closest, and then see what transportation options are available (walk, a convenient cart, etc.). We might also check at the gate to see if we've made up any time on our opponents. How does this sound to everyone? For what it is worth, Jehen is willing to pay for the cab...

"That sounds like a good plan Jehen. We'll take a skycab to the gate and go from there." Kaz agrees.

serow

First Post
"Let's go then, a ride through the skies is very much agreeable after all that murking around in tunnels and bats and half-elf treachery," Raekz adds, eager to leave.

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Very well, then," Jehen said confidently. "Let us see about finding a skycoach, shall we?"

OOC: First step, find a skycoach, then off to Wroann's Gate, since that is the caravan/land entry point and thus the most likely route out of town for a party on horseback. Once we get there, spend a few minutes and a Gather Information check to see if our quarry has passed through yet. Then explore our options for getting out to First Tower (rent horses, hitch a ride on a caravan, walk- or whatever else presents itself).

Emerging back into the overcast Sharn day, rain falls at a drizzle though the windy docks causes drops of the spitting weather to immediately cover the group. The muck and grime of battle and underground exploration seems to melt off of 4B's metallic body as the rest of the group simply becomes damp.

Somehow, the halfling had disappeared off to somewhere else; probably catching sight of some new adventure that pulled him along.

Shrugging off the loss, the four Heroes returned to the docks proper, quickly finding a Skycoach to whisk them away to Wroann's gate.

Being almost exactly on the opposite side of the vibrant sprawling City of Towers from the main departure point out of Sharn, Jehen makes it clear to the willowy human female bundled up tight against the wind and rain to 'step on it'.

Once again airbourne, the group leaves the much and filth of th docks behind, ascending into the sky tight against the impressive bulkwark of the cliffs that were the very foundations of the great city.

Finally among the towers once more, the skycoach virtually blurred though them, the human seeming an expert at piloting; one with her craft.

Making it to the bustling trade hub of Wroann's Gate in record time, the heroes are deposited on a quiet roof top that has walkways and stairs leading out into the busy section of town.

Bowing to the group, the human toes a strong box afixed to the floor of her cab; an obvious coin slot in the top.

ooc; good plan, please let me know where you're going to try and get word of those you pursue!

pathfinderq1

First Post
Jehen paid the skycoach driver, adding a few coins for the hurry. Then she looked around the gate area once they had disembarked- it was different enough from the district they had just left, and she wanted to spend a few moments getting a feel for the place before she started asking questions...

Once she had a spent a minute or two in contemplation, she turned to the rest of the group. "If any of you have gift for speaking, now would be the time to show it. Otherwise, I'm likely to try the basic approach- we are kind of in a hurry, and we aren't looking for deep secrets..."

OOC: Jehen will pay the skycoach fare, with a 50 percent tip for the hurry- just let me know how much that actually adds up to.

OOC 2: If nobody else in the group admits to a decent Gather Information roll, Jehen will make the attempt, but her skill is only +3 (most of her training is in physical or magical investigation, not questioning). If she tries, she will go with the basic approach- she will put on her House signet, then approach the gate guards. She will ask about a group of riders, led by a half-orc, headed out to First Tower; if additional detail is required, she will hint or imply that the half-orc is a Tharashk lackey on an errand who forgot soemthing and Jehen needs to find him before he botches a job. (Yes, her Bluff is much better than her Gather Information)- really, all we want to know is whether they have passed yet. Then we can see about our own transport...

ooc; good plan, i'll wait for the others to chime in; even if you don't have the crunchy skills, fluffy writing is almost as good some times, now's the opportunity for role playing! ;)

just let me know who is doing what.

hornedturtle

First Post
354b Knowing that more combat may be necessary will try to do whatever possible to repair a few HP.

(occ:I know it's not 8 hours of work so there probably be a penalty to the HP gained but he is at 2 HP. And no pp.)
Repair roll 1d20+9=12-15=-3 no HP healed Roll Lookup

serow

First Post
Raekz agrees with Jehen's assessment of their situation. Speed seems more important now than being all nice and chummy with random people on the streets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads