General DM or Player Poll

Are you typically a Player or DM

• Total voters

prabe

Aspiring Lurker (He/Him)
Supporter
DM 95% of the time. I enjoy it more than being a player.
I'm coming to realize that I enjoy DMing more, too, at this point, but I want to keep playing, because I think it helps as a DM to have current experience as a player (and at least one person in one of my groups actively dislikes not-GMing, so it's just as easy to let him GM).

Nebulous

Legend
I'm coming to realize that I enjoy DMing more, too, at this point, but I want to keep playing, because I think it helps as a DM to have current experience as a player (and at least one person in one of my groups actively dislikes not-GMing, so it's just as easy to let him GM).
Yes, it does help a GM to slip into player shoes sometimes to see their perspective. The times I've been a player recently though (just recently) have been with inexperienced DMs who have no clue what they're doing, and I'm not going to hold their hand and guide them through it, i just try to be a good player and then kindly back out of the campaign.

Legatus_Legionis

< BLAH HA Ha ha >
I DM most of the time.

Originally I was just a player.

Then, as I created a spreadsheet for my PC, and other players wanted to know if I could do their's, to becoming the defacto High Overseer of all PC sheets, to having to get all the tomes to make sure all the information on the PC sheets are correct, to developing into a DM,

It also helped that during my high school days, 99% of all our gaming sessions were at my house. What being the closest to our school - ie walking distance.

The few times since high school I got to participate in another group as a PC, I surprised the other players with my role playing skills.

One of those groups, I had a cleric (of Amon - knowledge) who went on a campaign to "Dragon Mountain".

A campaign this group did a year ago - and everyone's PC died.

When I heard of this, I laughed. They then challenged me to join their next campaign/group going up against "Dragon Mountain".

Not surprisingly, all of thier PCs died yet again. But mine not only survived, but became an ally to the Dragon.

Even several years later, some of those players still can't believe my PC lived.

Of course, I will only DM Second Edition or Hackmaster thrown in when my players are not looking.

< HA HA ha>

Most Liked Threads

Advertisement2

Advertisement4