D&D General DM or Player Poll

Are you typically a Player or DM

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I voted DM but (other than during the lockdown) it's about 50-50 these days; over my gaming life it might be 55-45 DM v player.

And looking at the posts it seems I'm not alone, so that 18-3 lead 'DM' currently has is a bit misleading. :)

R_J_K75

Legend
For the 35 years of playing D&D on and off I have DM'd probably 90% of that time. I have run a character for maybe two times in the last 10 years. A player in my current game whose been playing for about 2 years has expressed interest in DMing so maybe, hopefully, that'll work out.

Vael

Legend
... It fluctuates. When I was involved with 4e Organized Play, I was primarily DMing, because I got to keep all the material. Nowadays, I play in 2 (possibly 3) campaigns and DM 1 (though if I end up quarantined much longer I might start a 2nd).

opacitizen

Explorer
~90% DM for almost 30 years. (And by "DM" I mean not just Dungeon Master but GM, Storyteller, Keeper and so on, and so on, even though this is a D&D forum, obviously.)

atanakar

Hero
Since 1980 I've been the DM/GM for 98% of the time. Right from the start when I read the Basic Moldvay box I wanted to be the DM. I do enjoy playing.

Remove ads