D&D General DM Pause?

Shiroiken

Legend
I take a break usually after running a full campaign, letting one of our other DMs take over for a campaign. This helps with the recharge, and I have months (at least) to get ready for the next campaign. Oddly with 5E I've not taken off for longer than a month between campaigns (which is probably why my 2nd campaign sucked), but with the end of my 3rd campaign GoSM I plan on taking a nice long break as another DM takes over.

atanakar

Hero
I usually don't take breaks. I just switch rpgs for a while. I believe it is because we play using Skype because of Covid. I miss the face to face interaction.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
I’m wrapping up a 4 year campaign and I’m planning on taking the rest of quarantine to take a break. I’m not loving the online experience and I took up D&D to get away from the computer. :)

We’ll see how long that lasts, but my regular group is breaking up anyway due to folks moving away so I’m going to have to gather a new group anyway and that thought is intimidating. It’s been a good table of players, for the most part, and it‘s sad to see it finally end.

pogre

Legend
Running online is fatiguing me a bit. I have been running weekly for the last couple of years and called off Sunday's gaming session for the first time. I was flooded with messages asking if I was OK, which was nice - I have a great group.

atanakar

Hero
Running online is fatiguing me a bit. I have been running weekly for the last couple of years and called off Sunday's gaming session for the first time. I was flooded with messages asking if I was OK, which was nice - I have a great group.
Only having sound requires more concentration to discern who is talking. It is more demanding physicaly I find.

atanakar

Hero
One of the players has offered to do a one-shot of the latest edition of Dark Eye. He plays it with another group. Really looking forward to play and try this system.

atanakar

Hero
I've paused my campaign until September. After trying it DMing online not really my thing. Hope we can meet face to face in September.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Good to hear others get burnt out. I'm getting burnt out on my one game I'm creating (as opposed to running a module). We play once a month. I keep thinking - "can we just skip to the final chapter I have in my head and you guys can fill in narratively how you all got to 17th level?".

Mostly it's because I've found a Pahtfinder AP that I think this particular group of players will really enjoy (War of the Crown) AND I also want to play Dungeon World/Freebooters on the Frontier with them because I think they will also enjoy that. Both require a lot less prep than my current "classic" approach to this group's adventure - which requires about 3-4 hours of prep per 2 sessions.

Remove ads