D&D 5E DMG Preview: The Multiverse

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
I still never felt that the 3.x system worked as well for Dragonlance as I would have liked it to. I actually have REALLY high hopes for 5e working with the architecture of that setting (between the power levels, along with the focus on mechanics of Social and Exploration portions, as well as a return to work on Mass Combat material) and am hopeful with all the mentions that DL is getting that our favorite "epic fantasy" has something percolating.

But don't think that we're not all going to be converting your MWP work to 5e to use with whatever gets published, as well as use it as a base for working on 5e DL campaign material until then! :D

:)

I've always said that I felt Dragonlance was at its best using a D&D-based system. The one thing I liked about 3.5 for Dragonlance was that prestige classes fit the organization model fairly well. You had to take a test to join all the major organizations, which worked good as a requirement.

That being said, I think 5e is going to be a great system for Dragonlance. The fan community is already at work converting various aspects of the setting. We are open for submissions at the Nexus if you want to submit your own conversions. :cool:

Remove ads