D&D 5E Do You DM or Play with Flair?

This sacrifices a huge amount of potential fun in exchange for a small amount of very specific fun. I don't think that's a good trade off, unless all this stuff was suggested by your players and they think it's amazingly fun.

My cleric hews more closely to real world priests, in that each one is a servant of all his culture's gods and is not supposed to play favorites.
Real world priests not only played favorites extensively, but most cultures expected you to play favorites. Patron gods for specific cities (and the priests who worshipped them) were a global thing, from the Greeks, to the Babylonians, to the Chinese, to the Aztecs, to the Hindu, to the Incas, to the Yorubans.

mflayermonk

First Post
Can't say I'm familiar with Pendragon, how does it do alignment?

Knights have virtues and in the game, monsters and situations will "attack" these virtues (force you to make dice rolls, if you fail you go along with the NPC).
If you constantly act virtuous its easier for you to resist the bad guys forcing virtue rolls on you.

For your class flair, things could be constantly tempting them away from the rules. Part of the fun of this kind of campaign is "everyone has a price". For example, the Bard must never own land-but what if you were constantly offering the Bard a chance to rule land? Maybe being the ruler of the land comes with a Staff of Power. Does the bard take the land?

schnee

First Post
All you have to do is add Weapon Speed, Weapon vs. Armor Class Adjustments, Lycanthrope Bursting Out of Armor Damage, System Shock Survival, and a few other tables and you've successfully brought back the Old School™ Flavor™ that will show those dumb World of Warcraft kids what a *real* game is supposed to be like! :cool:

Kidding... mostly.

Remove ads