• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do you have the stereotypical DnD "body type".

Select your body type:

• You can call me Screech! Scrawny & pale is where it's at.

Votes: 36 14.1%
  • I've got an average body type.

Votes: 101 39.5%
  • You can call me Fabio! My body is a temple and I live in the gym, when I'm not tanning that is.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • I'm a big boy, I've got back-hair and I'm proud of it. Gotta problem wit dat?

Votes: 60 23.4%
  • I really don't fit any of these types. (Explain)

Votes: 36 14.1%
  • I'm offended!

Votes: 3 1.2%

Zogg

First Post
Sorry girls, this thread is pretty much going to be for the guys.

Fellas: I was walking in the food court recently, picking up my McDonald's Meal Deal when I saw this girl wearing a shirt that said, "Chicks Dig Scrawny Pale Guys"...and she was walking next to her boyfriend that happened to fit the description. Of course I found this to be funny.

Then I got to thinking about the DnD body stereotypes for guys and how it's presumed that we fall into one of two categories: either scrawny & pale or overweight & hairy (with a side o' greasiness). So let's put this stereotype to the test. Hopefully we can all be honest and have a good laugh at this - it's meant to be more of a sociological survey than as an insult to anyone.

And if you wanted to take it one step further - assuming you fit one of these stereotypes - feel free to answer the question:

Why does an interest in DnD seem to also include a disinterest in healthy body maintenance? (Note: you may disagree with the very foundation of this question. If you do, feel free to sound off)

Wicht

Hero
After being at Gen-con this year it seemed to me that most of the people there were pretty average looking, meaning they looked like any other cross section of the public.

I'm 5'9 and as of this morning 174 pounds (my wife is dieting and so I have lost 11 lbs. in the last month). I am fairly fit though not overly athletic.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
See me! Fear me! Worship me!:
01me.jpg

The Sigil

Mr. 3000 (Words per post)
Well, I was actually in pretty good shape until about three years ago when I blew out an ankle playing basketball... and then blew out the opposite knee a week later trying to play in a playoff game. The ankle and knee have been chronic ever since and have prevented me from doing any sort of sustained fitness program (because I keep re-injuring them). I have a bit of a gut - though I can still see my shoes - and my belt buckle - but I am certainly no Adonis with rippling six-packs... but I am still reasonably athletic as long as it doesn't involve sudden cuts back and forth on my (bad) ankles.

I'm 6'2, and 270 - though most people would swear I don't carry more than about 220 just by looking at me (my body hides my weight very well and it frustrates the crap out of those "guess your weight" people at the circus LOL). I'm a "wedge" body type - broad at the shoulders, and slimming down as you move toward the feet.

Hair is Ivy League cut and not greasy (I shower every day or two). No back hair. No facial hair. No tattoos. In short, I look like typical slightly conservative white-collar worker with a wife who's a good cook (a small gut). :)

--The Sigil

Teflon Billy

Explorer
6'1"...235lbs.

I have no idea how that breaks down, but I think I'm right in the middle. I've seen much thinner guys at Cons and much, much fatter guys.

der_kluge

Adventurer
just shy of 6'0", just over 200 lbs.

Really, really trying to get under 200 lbs. Rolling dice just isn't doing it for me. I tried to talk my wife into the "sex-aholic" exercise plan, but she didn't buy into that.

Those 5 sugar cookies I had in the office today certainly didn't help. Have to type up even more messages to make up for that, I guess.

jollyninja

First Post
5'11" 235, live near the gym but only get there like 3 times a week. and yes, there is a little carpeting on the back, as for being proud? why? it's not like i fertilised it.

Last edited:

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
6'3", 220 lbs. MUCH heavier than my "bike courier party every night" weight, but don't get much exercise beyond waving pointy sticks around every now and then at the Y.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
I used to go to clubs and people would aproach me and ask me to model ...

... but that was a long time ago! (and in the sprit of honesty, I was only asked to be a hair model! :D ) Now I look like the bad guy in Ferris Buler's Day Off

So the answer is yes and no. Now, I look like a chump. When I was 25 looked like a hair model. You know: one of those guys who puts grease in their mane and has a look about them like the just smelled something? ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads