Do You Prefer 4 Or More Players (+ DM) When RPGing?

Do You Prefer 4 Or More Players (+ DM) When RPGing?

• Yes

Votes: 242 79.1%
  • No

Votes: 64 20.9%

Nathan P. Mahney

First Post
3 or 4 is about what I like, though I can handle anything up to about 8 if I have to. I had no problems at all with high numbers of players in the older editions, but I struggle to run that many in 3rd. There's a lot more to keep track of.

Baron Opal

First Post
4-5 players is my sweet spot. That way I have enough players where they can (inadvertantly) drive the story and I can still give them individual attention. 3 is my minimum as I feel really drained after running a game with do few players. More than 7 and people just get sidelined until a fight, and then fights take forever.

Ycore Rixle

First Post
Uder said:
I noticed by your sig that your name is Frank Brunner. Are you the illustrator Frank Brunner by chance?

Nope, I'm the writer Frank Brunner (Incarnum, Eberron Explorer's Handbook, PHB II, etc.).

But I do like Dr. Strange and the other Frank's art.

Uder

First Post
Ycore Rixle said:
Nope, I'm the writer Frank Brunner (Incarnum, Eberron Explorer's Handbook, PHB II, etc.).

But I do like Dr. Strange and the other Frank's art.
Ah cool. Every time I've seen your name I've wondered...

Felon

First Post
So, rather than provide a few numerical ranges, the pollmaker decided for a binary "yes or no" format with four being the cut-off point? Mmm-kay. Expect a lot of yesses (duh).

Remove ads