D&D (2024) Do you see Fighter players at your own table?

Do you see Figther players at your own D&D 5e games?

• During 2022-2023, my games have 2 or more play a nonmagical nonmulticlass Fighter to over level 7.

Votes: 56 44.8%
  • During 2022-2023, my games have only 1 play a nonmagical nonmulticlass Fighter to over level 7.

Votes: 29 23.2%
  • Not in my games.

Votes: 40 32.0%

Yaarel

He Mage
Since some forumers mention that they generally dont see Fighter players at their own tables, I am curious.

Do you see Fighters at your table?

The players need to be experienced players, rather than newbies using an "easy class" to learn how to play.

The Fighter character needs to be a serious character that reaches level 8 or higher.

The Fighter character must be strictly nonmagical. No Eldritch Knight. No Psi Warrior. No magical feats including multiclass feats. Etc.

The Fighter character must be single-class Fighter. No multiclassing.

Last edited:

Eldritch Knight and Psi Warrior are out. Are the Arcane Archer, Rune Knight, and Echo also out?

Assuming yes, I was in a party with a Cavalier that hit mid teens and currently in a party with a Samurai that just hit 8th level last weekend.

Apart from them there have been plenty at my tables over the years that never MCed. Banneret and Echo Knight are the only two I've never played alongside of or DMed for.

Since some forumers mention that they generally dont see Fighter players at their own tables, I am curious.

Do you see Fighters at your table?

The players need to be experienced players, rather than newbies using an "easy class" to learn how to play.

The Fighter character needs to be a serious character that reaches level 8 or higher.

The Fighter character must be strictly nonmagical. No Eldritch Knight. No Psi Warrior. No multiclassing feats.

The Fighter character must be single-class Fighter. No multiclassing.
Since I don't enjoy games much above level 5, and definitely not above level 9, I guess the many fighters in our campaigns don't count.

Yaarel

He Mage
Since I don't enjoy games much above level 5, and definitely not above level 9, I guess the many fighters in our campaigns don't count.
That is on purpose.

The context that provoked the curiosity is comparing "nonmagical" Fighters with spellcasters at high levels.

It helps to get a feel for how many players are actually playing nonmagical Fighters at these high levels.

Heh, at the lowest levels, pretty much no classes are "magical" enough.

Yaarel

He Mage
there's a level 7 fighter in my game...who has a couple innate spells and is planning to multiclass into paladin.

so uh. no.
Innate magic from an official species (like High Elf or even Dragonborn dragon breath) seems ok.

But magic from a class or feat would disqualify.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
I almost always see one or more fighters in my games, which is not surprising at all. A flat attack bonus across multiple attacks each providing a multiplicative slingshot to bit one but two mathematical element the system math assumes will never exist makes for an incredibly powerful character. Tack on good ac and high hp to fully cement that lead

Remove ads