• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Do you see Fighter players at your own table?

Do you see Figther players at your own D&D 5e games?

• During 2022-2023, my games have 2 or more play a nonmagical nonmulticlass Fighter to over level 7.

Votes: 56 44.8%
  • During 2022-2023, my games have only 1 play a nonmagical nonmulticlass Fighter to over level 7.

Votes: 29 23.2%
  • Not in my games.

Votes: 40 32.0%

niklinna

satisfied?
If I were to somehow find my way into a 5e game, Rune Knight and Echo Knight are on my list of subclasses that would interest me in playing a Fighter. But, I suppose those count as magical.

I was never interested in playing a Fighter in any earlier edition of D&D, nor do any of the other 5e Fighter subclasses interest me. It's been too long since I read A5E to remember if I was interested in playing its Fighter class.

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
More than 50% of popular Fantasy Characters are nonmagical warriors

People tend to base their characters on Popular characters

Thus anyone who is attempting to emulate a popular character, more than 50% will use the nonmagical warriors classes.

There are only TWO nonmagical warriors classes in core 5e

My answer is zero BTW

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
I have a fighter in my current Theros campaign. There is also a Totem barbarian, but I imagine that doesn't "count" as a "non-magical warrior" because they can talk to animals and they can take on an animal's "spirit"... so... okay.

Zubatcarteira

Now you're infected by the Musical Doodle
We had a new player going for a Battlemaster Fighter, but ironically it was too complicated since he went GWM, PAM, Sentinel, Tunnel Fighter, the different reactions and what applied to the fighting style confused him a lot.

There was also an Echo Knight that did pretty well in a spelljammer campaign, although in both cases they only played for a couple of levels.

James Gasik

We don't talk about Pun-Pun
Supporter
We have a multiclass Fighter/Monk, but that's not a poll option. Outside of that, there hasn't been a Fighter in our group since before COVID. The current group is Bard, Cleric, Fighter/Monk, Ranger, and Wizard.

aco175

Legend
The question is just in the 22-23 year, so my answer would have to be just 1. My father who has only played champion fighters since 5e came out decided to play a mage in the current campaign which started last June as a 'summer' campaign expecting to last to level 5 is now a year long campaign at level 11 so far. Otherwise it would be 2.

Remove ads