• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Do you still feel that One D&D is "Compatible" with 5E?

Do you still feel that One D&D is "Compatible" with 5E?

• Yup, still compatible. No issues with bringing in 5E Druids etc

Votes: 61 71.8%
  • Nope, perhaps some similarities but yeah it's too different for 5E stuff

Votes: 24 28.2%

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
that is not a concern of mine. I prefer the level based stat blocks over those of the monsters. Add some abilities if needed (good at climbing, able to fly, etc.) but the stat block does not need to be that of the monster
Abilities would be fine, as long as the creature  feels like the creature. I just don't see WotC moving away from their terrible (to me) simplicity philosophy.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I would expect there to be 1DD books that correspond to Xanathar/Tasha eventually.

I can buy that book without the other two as well, chances are most people that play 1DD and do not yet have them will not get Xanathar or Tasha
The packets are already mentioning them as supplements to the PHB. That I expect to make it into the final print. They are not putting those books out of print.

It looks very much compatible, which is... a problem for me! Well, kinda.

When the new books come out, I decided to go fully digital, with DDB. But, if all the stuff that came before is still relevant, does it mean I need to buy it too to have a complete library?

Argyle King

Legend
How do the differences in 5e Backgrounds compare ro 5.1E Backgrounds?

Can those be mixed and matched with other pieces of building a character?

Clint_L

Legend
It looks very much compatible, which is... a problem for me! Well, kinda.

When the new books come out, I decided to go fully digital, with DDB. But, if all the stuff that came before is still relevant, does it mean I need to buy it too to have a complete library?
Yes.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads