Do you wear a watch?

Do you wear a watch?

• Yes, most of the time.

Votes: 56 44.1%
  • Yes, but only some of the time.

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • No, I just look at a clock.

Votes: 20 15.7%
  • No, I get the time from my cell phone, PDA, etc.

Votes: 34 26.8%
  • No, I seldom care what time it is.

Votes: 10 7.9%

kenobi65

First Post
I'm probably borderline obsessive about wearing a watch. I've worn one since I was maybe 7. I just really need to know what time it is, I guess. :)

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
kenobi65 said:
I'm probably borderline obsessive about wearing a watch. I've worn one since I was maybe 7. I just really need to know what time it is, I guess. :)
My watch never tells the correct time anyway. I keep it fast so I'm late less often.

FickleGM

Explorer
JoeGKushner said:
Use the old cell phone. Watches bother me, especially when I'm typing, reading, doing anything that uses both my hands in essence. Even a light watch.

Same here. I just find wearing a watch to be more trouble than it's worth.

loki44

Explorer
No. I have never owned a watch. I used to not care what time it is, and I still prefer it that way, but now I have to pay attention to it a bit more. From where I'm sitting right now I can see what time it is in five different sources without even trying. We are surrounded by timekeeping devices.

buzzard

First Post
I used to wear watches but broke too many. I have a fairly nice one with a cracked face that I've been meaning to repair for ten years or so. Now I just use the cell, computer, car clock, etc.

buzzard

JoeBlank

Explorer
I wear a watch, but only during work hours, usually Monday thru Friday, about 7 am to 5 pm (from the time I leave the house until I get home). The rest of the time, I just look at my cell phone.

But now reading this thread I realize that this makes no sense. I got into the habit of wearing a watch during work hours before cell phones. Now, I continue the habit, but even during work I have my cell phone with me and could use it to check the time.

Maybe it has to do with the feeling like I am dressed for work. When I got out of law school and started my first job as an attorney, I wore suits every day. This has gradually evolved thru periods of casual Fridays to business casual to blue-jeans-casual. So now, the watch is the only vestige of my "work" wardrobe.

I guess you just asked a simple question, and I had to go and get all psycho-analitical about it. Yes, I wear a watch, but only at work, or to and from.

diaglo

Adventurer
i use a timer all day long. not a watch really.

but i'm a regular guy. so i do tend to know what time it is by my BM routine. ;)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Not only do I have several regular wrist watches (Seikos, etc) for daily wear, I have a couple of Timex Atlantis wristwatches for when I'm doing active stuff (volleyball, football, yardwork, etc) or for wearing to bed (dayglow readout can double as a small flashlight).

The funny thing is, I'm not a clock-watcher. I just like jewelry & watches.

Remove ads