Do you wear a watch?

Do you wear a watch?

• Yes, most of the time.

Votes: 56 44.1%
  • Yes, but only some of the time.

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • No, I just look at a clock.

Votes: 20 15.7%
  • No, I get the time from my cell phone, PDA, etc.

Votes: 34 26.8%
  • No, I seldom care what time it is.

Votes: 10 7.9%

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
I used to wear a watch all the time. Except I got sick of Timex watches ceasing to function the day after the warranty ended. Now I wait with stoic determination until I decide I can spend my money on a good watch with automatic movement and a good reputation. Infinity2000 has the right idea. Buy a watch from a good company and it'll outlive your wrist. Buy a Timex every time the last one breaks and you'll end up spending more money in the long run anyway.

But remember the watch-buyer's rule of thumb. No watch costs more than USD$200. If you pay more than that, you're only paying for $200 worth of watch. The rest you spent on jewellery. A $5000 Rolex is a $200 watch in a $4800 container.

Dark Jezter

First Post
Dr. Awkward said:
I used to wear a watch all the time. Except I got sick of Timex watches ceasing to function the day after the warranty ended. Now I wait with stoic determination until I decide I can spend my money on a good watch with automatic movement and a good reputation. Infinity2000 has the right idea. Buy a watch from a good company and it'll outlive your wrist. Buy a Timex every time the last one breaks and you'll end up spending more money in the long run anyway.

But remember the watch-buyer's rule of thumb. No watch costs more than USD$200. If you pay more than that, you're only paying for $200 worth of watch. The rest you spent on jewellery. A $5000 Rolex is a $200 watch in a $4800 container.
I have a Casio analog watch with glow-in-the-dark hands and a small LCD screen that you can set to display the date, military time, or an alternate time zone's time. It's worked perfectly for me for the last two years, and it only cost me about $50.

Remove ads