• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do you wear a watch?

Do you wear a watch?

• Yes, most of the time.

Votes: 56 44.1%
  • Yes, but only some of the time.

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • No, I just look at a clock.

Votes: 20 15.7%
  • No, I get the time from my cell phone, PDA, etc.

Votes: 34 26.8%
  • No, I seldom care what time it is.

Votes: 10 7.9%

kenobi65

First Post
I'm probably borderline obsessive about wearing a watch. I've worn one since I was maybe 7. I just really need to know what time it is, I guess. :)

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
kenobi65 said:
I'm probably borderline obsessive about wearing a watch. I've worn one since I was maybe 7. I just really need to know what time it is, I guess. :)
My watch never tells the correct time anyway. I keep it fast so I'm late less often.

FickleGM

Explorer
JoeGKushner said:
Use the old cell phone. Watches bother me, especially when I'm typing, reading, doing anything that uses both my hands in essence. Even a light watch.

Same here. I just find wearing a watch to be more trouble than it's worth.

loki44

Explorer
No. I have never owned a watch. I used to not care what time it is, and I still prefer it that way, but now I have to pay attention to it a bit more. From where I'm sitting right now I can see what time it is in five different sources without even trying. We are surrounded by timekeeping devices.

buzzard

First Post
I used to wear watches but broke too many. I have a fairly nice one with a cracked face that I've been meaning to repair for ten years or so. Now I just use the cell, computer, car clock, etc.

buzzard

JoeBlank

Explorer
I wear a watch, but only during work hours, usually Monday thru Friday, about 7 am to 5 pm (from the time I leave the house until I get home). The rest of the time, I just look at my cell phone.

But now reading this thread I realize that this makes no sense. I got into the habit of wearing a watch during work hours before cell phones. Now, I continue the habit, but even during work I have my cell phone with me and could use it to check the time.

Maybe it has to do with the feeling like I am dressed for work. When I got out of law school and started my first job as an attorney, I wore suits every day. This has gradually evolved thru periods of casual Fridays to business casual to blue-jeans-casual. So now, the watch is the only vestige of my "work" wardrobe.

I guess you just asked a simple question, and I had to go and get all psycho-analitical about it. Yes, I wear a watch, but only at work, or to and from.

diaglo

Adventurer
i use a timer all day long. not a watch really.

but i'm a regular guy. so i do tend to know what time it is by my BM routine. ;)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Not only do I have several regular wrist watches (Seikos, etc) for daily wear, I have a couple of Timex Atlantis wristwatches for when I'm doing active stuff (volleyball, football, yardwork, etc) or for wearing to bed (dayglow readout can double as a small flashlight).

The funny thing is, I'm not a clock-watcher. I just like jewelry & watches.

Remove ads