Doctor Who (2020) - spoilers!

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
-Amid the worst ratings in nearly its 50-plus year history, it's reported the current series of Doctor Who is losing a majority of its companions. It's reported that Bradley Walsh will quit Doctor Who following this year's Holiday special and that co-star Tosin Cole will be joining him.-

Ryujin

Legend
So now we're looking at throwing out one of two long-standing 'facts.' Sure, it makes sense that The Master was lying and was actually the foundling, but he and The Doctor grew up together and looked into the Untamed Schism together, which is what drove The Master mad. On the other hand it makes sense that The Doctor is the foundling as The Master stated, except for the previous statement.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
So now we're looking at throwing out one of two long-standing 'facts.' Sure, it makes sense that The Master was lying and was actually the foundling, but he and The Doctor grew up together and looked into the Untamed Schism together, which is what drove The Master mad. On the other hand it makes sense that The Doctor is the foundling as The Master stated, except for the previous statement.
Except that the Doctor suggested the Division turned them back into child when they wiped their memory. So they grew up again, and all their memories with the Master are still true.

I'm not surprised-Its really 2 bad they are destroying the history of the show as well. Chiballi will go down as the man who set back Dr. Who for years. In the end who will be more reviled Kathleen Kennedy or Chibnalli.

Horrible companions-4 is not better than 1 as it shortens screen time and less emotional investment

For the most part some of the worst storylines-Pale shadow compared to Smith and Tenant

I'm sorry but she maybe the worst Dr we have ever had (I would rank her with Colin Baker but him and McCoy we saddled with awful budgets/costumes etc and the franchise was dying). Plus you then introduce us to another Dr who also has no personality. You need a James gunn type director who can add a little bit of humor to this dull affair. If you want a female Dr then find a comedian (what is the equivalent of Saturday night live in England). Leslie Jones would have been far superior to either Dr as she has wit and screen presence

you took away the Christmas special-Why? its pathetic they cant get their act together

theres no excuse-kids/teenagers will binge watch older shows on Netflix such as the Office. You had a loyal audience and clearly flushed it away. BBC response was Dr Who/Star Wars fans are bigots etc. Sorry but that's not a way to win back your audience

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm not surprised-Its really 2 bad they are destroying the history of the show as well. Chiballi will go down as the man who set back Dr. Who for years. In the end who will be more reviled Kathleen Kennedy or Chibnalli.

My god, the internet is silly sometimes. Sometimes I swear it just parodies itself.

DwarfHammer

Explorer
1. I didn't see any definitive link between The Timeless Child and The Doctor, just the Master's say-so.
2. Were there Brain of Morbius stills? I was thinking of that episode, but didn't back up to step through frame-by-frame. If so, group them with Doctor Ruth, but still no definitive ties to The Timeless Child.
3. It's awfully soon to be invalidating The Time of the Doctor.
4. Susan? Clara? I don't think Chibnall has any respect for the established history of the show.

Number 4 exactly. He has no respect for the show or the characters. He’s just doing sensational writing. It’s like a bad soap opera where we’re waiting for the next absurd twist or truth to be revealed.

The magicians got cancelled-big ratings hit this season/high production costs. Killed off a major character last year that many viewed as a "progressive wish". I was a huge fan of this show based on books and stuck with knowing they watered down/changed the history etc. This show had a big following at one point

True it is syfy and that doesn't amen as much as BBC but ratings do matter especially to advertisers.

Remove ads