Doctor Who (2020) - spoilers!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
While it wouldn't be the first time, more like a half-truth, which has a LOT of options.

Which s what I already suggested with, "It is possible the Master didn't have it all correct, but there'll be significant truth to it. "

So, sure, agree with me. I'm good with that.

Herschel

Adventurer
Which s what I already suggested with, "It is possible the Master didn't have it all correct, but there'll be significant truth to it. "

So, sure, agree with me. I'm good with that.

Yeah, I think we're pretty darned close for the most part, though I also wouldn't be surprised if they did a total left-turn either.

Hussar

Legend
Glad this thread came back. I just recently got to watch all the episodes. I thought the second season was cool and I want to see where they are going with the "reveal".

It absolutely astounds me that people complain about retcons in a TIME TRAVEL show. If there was ever a show where retcons make perfect sense, it would be Doctor Who. And, really, what does this actually change? How does the Doctor being the Timeless child actually retcon anything? That's the part I don't really get. Nothing changes. The origins of the TIme Lords has never really played any part in any of the New Who and barely played a part in old. Why does this engender such strong reactions.

It's like the Doctor coming back as a woman. If there was any character, anywhere in fiction, where gender swapping made sense, it's the Doctor. It's really sad that people lost their naughty word over this.

Vael

Legend
I'm just eagerly awaiting more Doctor Who. I've really liked Jodie Whittaker's take, and her "fam". Apparently the holiday special (moved to New Year's Eve, I think) was already filmed, and the next season is supposed to start filming this month.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Is there not a Christmas special this year then? I haven't been keeping track. I always like Doctor Who as part of my Christmas Day tradition while recovering from Christmas Dinner.

Is there not a Christmas special this year then? I haven't been keeping track. I always like Doctor Who as part of my Christmas Day tradition while recovering from Christmas Dinner.
looks like there is a special, but it may not be aired at christmas

Last edited:

Herschel

Adventurer
Yeah, it looks like New Year's Day again, which is a bummer. A little Doctor in an isolated Christmas would be nice.

The trailer looks solid. Chris Noth is a bit over-the-top, and I have some suspicions.

I think it's been officially announced that Graham and Ryan will be leaving after this episode. I wonder if Ryan gets killed and Graham feels his relationship with the Doctor has cost him "everything" and walks away. That might be an Adric-type kick in the gut. I also think it could happen while the Doctor is locked away and either happens before or during the rescue. Either feelings of "You weren't there" or "We got you back, but at what cost?" This could be a fairly "Doctorless" episode, or at least having a parallel storyline for the majority of it.

Last edited:

nevin

Hero
I'm just so sad the best they could come up with for a season ending was killing Gallifrey AGAIN! There's an entire universe out there and the writers keep doing the same things over and over. The whole timeless child thing really didn't do anything. The council had already given the Doctor effectively unlimited regenerations. There is so much in the old episodes just waiting for a twist or two. I like the new doctor but whoever is coming up with the stories should be fired. Disassembing a Daleks armor with impact wrenches. Really? eradicating life on Gallifry for what the 3rd or 4th time?

I've always hoped that River sent a clone like the ones at the drilling site that had all the memories and thought they were the originals, to the Library and the Doctor doesn't know that. That would be an awesome episode.

And why doesn't his child ever come back. wouldn't that be a great episode. I might forgive the lousy Gallifrey ending if this season we found her(or him) on a new planet of timelords that she helped establish. So much good historical stuff to spin stories with and they seem to be hell bent on only doing "new things" and too many of them are not new they are just repeated ideas. And for goodness sakes, inject some of the hope from the first few seasons back into the universe.
The Doctor has always been some of my favorite SciFi. I hope they get off of autopilot and start having more fun and heroics and less running because they can't fix anything.

Remove ads