• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spoilers Doctor Who 2024 (spoilers)

Necropolitan

Adventurer
If the children/legions of the Toymaker each have a theme I'm hoping we get one that's dedicated to cooking.

The Chef/The Gourmand/etc.

I really really want to see The Doctor have a cooking duel.

The question would be what time and place would be best for that. Imagine The Doctor meeting Julia Child!

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
I'm Aeson and I approve the heavy handed message of Boom. Was RTD always this political? Space Babies didn't seem nearly as heavy handed.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yet another reference to Susan (oblique--'dad to dad'). That's every episode so far?

Yeah, she's coming back.

Also Susan Twist (the actor, name a coincidence I assume) has been in every episode so far I think, appearing as different characters.

Also, this staying up until midnight Friday to watch it because it's now scheduled for America's convenience didn't last into the second week. I didn't see it until Saturday afternoon, but got totally spoiled on it. (No I can't 'just avoid the internet'.)

MarkB

Legend
Yet another reference to Susan (oblique--'dad to dad'). That's every episode so far?

Yeah, she's coming back.

Also Susan Twist (the actor, name a coincidence I assume) has been in every episode so far I think, appearing as different characters.

Also, this staying up until midnight Friday to watch it because it's now scheduled for America's convenience didn't last into the second week. I didn't see it until Saturday afternoon, but got totally spoiled on it. (No I can't 'just avoid the internet'.)
Just avoid Saturday mornings. They're overrated.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
They were quite good
Maybe a bit too silly for me
Will keep watching
^this^
so far every Gatwa episode has been a bit too silly for my tastes but its still early, maybe they'll tone things down as it proceeds (or maybe BBC is just targeting a younger audience)...
  • Those Baby Perambulators reminded me of Daleks (and yeah personally I dont like the genius-baby trope - or snot monsters either)
  • Maestro was kinda cool, but the special effects stole the show (thanks Disney!)
(and now I want an episode about Dalek babies!)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
^this^
so far every Gatwa episode has been a bit too silly for my tastes but its still early, maybe they'll tone things down as it proceeds (or maybe BBC is just targeting a younger audience)...
It’s RTD. You forget the farting aliens and man-eating wheelie bins in 2005!
  • TPerambulators reminded me of Daleks (and yeah personally I dont like the genius-baby trope - or snot monsters either)
I have never seen anybody refer to a pram by the full ‘perambulator’ before! I feel like I just fell back into the 1920s! :D

Remove ads