Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space

knasser

First Post
Hi,

Hope it's allowed to post this here. I have no affiliation with Cubicle7!

I just found that there's a Humble Bundle containing all the Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space in PDF format. I consider DW:AiTaS to be one of the best RPGs I've ever played so wanted to share. It has possibly THE best synergy between rules and setting I've ever seen. I'll give you an example. Initiative is handled in four phases. Talkers, Doers, Movers, Fighters. Within a phase people go within attribute order but the over-arching categories shape the whole system into something that perfectly fits with the series. Want to fight? Those who want to talk will always go first. Want to run? Those who want to activate the force field get their pass first.
It's a really, really light and elegant system (damage is reflected in reducing Attributes for example - get kicked in the shins by a Sontaran? Lose Coordination. Smacked on the head? Resolve or Intelligence. Healing restores it). Hugely flexible and has a wonderful Story Point way of preserving balance between super-gifted characters (e.g. Time Lords) and the less so (e.g. Rose *snark*). You can create just about any character in it and the books make it really easy to create stories and creatures.

I know all this sounds like a sales pitch and would be, except for the fact that I don't get anything for this, I'm just a super-enthusiastic fan. My first session ended with the group defending a small Yorkshire town against a scouting party of Sontarans. Second session trying to help an innocent robot who had been framed for a crime and had been captured by the Judoon. Third session being stalked by a Weeping Angel through the ruins of an inverted TARDIS. It's one of the most varied and fun games I have ever run and just wanted to share.

Also it's a Pay What You Want and part of it goes to the charity Children in Need so bonus.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/doctor-who-rpg-books

for any interested.

K.

Remove ads