• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Doctor Who Ncuti Gatwa Xmas Special & s1

While I still think the whole bi-generation thing is kinda dumb, I am looking forward to seeing more of Ncuti’s Doctor. I enjoyed his brief performance so far, and the Christmas special looks fun.

Unfortunately it looks like RTD is just up to his old (bad) tricks though. Hope Ncuti’s gets some strong scripts to show off with.

Zardnaar

Legend
Thank you. I never would have parsed his name like that.

My brain was running somewhere along the lines EN cooti.

Cheers :)

I was thinking silent N C more like an S. Wrong.

Hopefully he gets sone decent writing and isnt over shadowed by Tennant and Tennant doesn't get jobbed out.

James Gasik

We don't talk about Pun-Pun
Supporter
I was thinking silent N C more like an S. Wrong.

Hopefully he gets sone decent writing and isnt over shadowed by Tennant and Tennant doesn't get jobbed out.
I mean, to be fair, Tennant shines even with terrible writing. As amazing as he is, sometimes people forget there were some really mid-to-rotten Ten episodes. For every Blink you get a Love and Monsters (shudders).

delericho

Legend
We only saw him briefly, but I thought NG did really well with the role in that time. RTD is very much a mix, but I saw enough to look forward to what they do at Christmas.

Hopefully we won't see Tennant again for a good number of years. I've nothing against the guy, but he needs to be well away from the show to let it live.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Hopefully we won't see Tennant again for a good number of years. I've nothing against the guy, but he needs to be well away from the show to let it live.
I don’t think you need to worry. He’s a busy guy! Other than one multi-Doctor episode for the 50th anniversary 10 years ago he’s been well away from it for 15 years. One thing they don’t do is overuse Tennant!

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I mean, to be fair, Tennant shines even with terrible writing. As amazing as he is, sometimes people forget there were some really mid-to-rotten Ten episodes. For every Blink you get a Love and Monsters (shudders).
I think I'm the only one who likes Love & Monsters. Of course there would be a message board (and now a subreddit or a Facebook group, or both) sharing Doctor sightings.

If I were RTD, I'd even include the Love & Monsters characters as UNIT staffers, although maybe just with a single line each.

James Gasik

We don't talk about Pun-Pun
Supporter
I think I'm the only one who likes Love & Monsters. Of course there would be a message board (and now a subreddit or a Facebook group, or both) sharing Doctor sightings.

If I were RTD, I'd even include the Love & Monsters characters as UNIT staffers, although maybe just with a single line each.
I apologize, I didn't know anyone who liked the episode existed, or I would have been a little more diplomatic- I thought it was universally despised. The "Doctor sightings" thing was a neat idea, my problem is mostly...the rest of the episode.

Given the time period that episode came out in, any survivors would have ended up in Torchwood. Or "Retconned" by them.

Ryujin

Legend
I apologize, I didn't know anyone who liked the episode existed, or I would have been a little more diplomatic- I thought it was universally despised. The "Doctor sightings" thing was a neat idea, my problem is mostly...the rest of the episode.

Given the time period that episode came out in, any survivors would have ended up in Torchwood. Or "Retconned" by them.
I rather liked it too, but consider myself an outlier on that.

Remove ads