• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Doctor Who Ncuti Gatwa Xmas Special & s1

Riley

Legend
Supporter
I think I'm the only one who likes Love & Monsters. Of course there would be a message board (and now a subreddit or a Facebook group, or both) sharing Doctor sightings.

Elizabeth Sandifer likes Love and Monsters, and expounds circumlocutiously about it here:

(I had to search elsewhere for a concise confirmation that her opinion was positive: "Love and Monsters was, in many ways, the gem of Season Two..." https://www.eruditorumpress.com/blog/outside-the-government-random-shoes )

Last edited:

Vael

Legend
Okay, new challenge ... anyone want to stand up for Fear Her? Or The Idiot's Lantern? Tennant's first year had a few stinkers I don't care to revisit, didn't Rose encourage a boy to go back to his abusive father?

While I'd rather have given someone new a spin at running Who, I am interested to see how RTD does with Gatwa. If nothing else, he seems to be abandoning a lot of his tricks, the third special seems to be saying that we will be getting less "lonely god" angst.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Okay, new challenge ... anyone want to stand up for Fear Her? Or The Idiot's Lantern? Tennant's first year had a few stinkers I don't care to revisit, didn't Rose encourage a boy to go back to his abusive father?

While I'd rather have given someone new a spin at running Who, I am interested to see how RTD does with Gatwa. If nothing else, he seems to be abandoning a lot of his tricks, the third special seems to be saying that we will be getting less "lonely god" angst.
Fear Her was the one with the alien scribble that needed the Olympic Torch flame to get home?
I liked that story of childhood trauma, imagination and Olympic hope

James Gasik

We don't talk about Pun-Pun
Supporter
I didn't mind Fear Her, though I know a lot of people lambasted it. The whole "face stealing" thing has kind of terrified me since I saw Charlie X and this one episode of GI Joe as a kid, so the Idiot's Lantern worked for me.

Tooth and Claw, on the other hand, is an episode I felt was terribly lacking.

Remove ads