• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Doctor Who Ncuti Gatwa Xmas Special & s1

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Apparently theres copyright issues regarding the Rani, which mean she is unlikely to ever return. The character was owned by husband and wife Pip and Jane Baker both of whom are deceased without heirs. Neither Big Finish nor BBC are sure who holds the rights
I was tongue in cheek with my Rani comment.

Supposedly the Mrs. Flood actress previously appeared on Eastenders back in the 1990s when there was a one-off Dr. Who crossover episode for Comic Relief or another similar charity. Might simply be a sly in-joke about that history with the 4th Wall break rather than anything more complex.

But then, it could be something.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I was tongue in cheek with my Rani comment.

Supposedly the Mrs. Flood actress previously appeared on Eastenders back in the 1990s when there was a one-off Dr. Who crossover episode for Comic Relief or another similar charity. Might simply be a sly in-joke about that history with the 4th Wall break rather than anything more complex.

But then, it could be something.
Anita Dobson was Angie Watts in Eastenders for about 3 years, a big deal back in the mid-80s. I'd forgotten there was an Eastenders/Who crossover! That was in 1993, 5 years after she left Eastenders though.

I definitely think she is an important plot character, but I've no idea who. There's lots of theories floating around.

RTD said about the church scene where Ruby was left than there were more characters present than you know were there, so I imagine we'll be revisiting that scene at least once more in 2024.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Apparently theres copyright issues regarding the Rani, which mean she is unlikely to ever return. The character was owned by husband and wife Pip and Jane Baker both of whom are deceased without heirs. Neither Big Finish nor BBC are sure who holds the rights
I love the Rani, but honestly, making up a new sinister Time Lady seems overdue. Missy showed there was a real appetite for such a character.

Riley

Legend
Supporter
Doesn't necessarily need to be sinister. I'd love to have Romana show up at some point.

I’d love to see Lalla Ward show up as Romana at some point!

(Except: my headcanon does not include any of Romana’s Extended Universe book/audio adventures, and certainly not her becoming Lord President. I imagine her as E-Space’s adventuring Doctor.)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Well with already had hints about the Doctors Mother. The Woman and Tecteun; all of whom could be Granny
Chibnall's run is going to be the Rise of Skywalker of this franchise, with everyone trying to make a lot of that nonsense work going forward.

I still want to talk to Chibnall about "Planet Time" and the "War of Time versus Space." Well, I say "talk," but it'll probably be a bit more intense than that.

Staffan

Legend
Chibnall's run is going to be the Rise of Skywalker of this franchise, with everyone trying to make a lot of that nonsense work going forward.

I still want to talk to Chibnall about "Planet Time" and the "War of Time versus Space." Well, I say "talk," but it'll probably be a bit more intense than that.
I think I can see what he was going for. Time is the progression of entropy, which destroys things. In order for things in space to work, time needs to be... not destroyed, certainly, because then nothing would happen, but pacified and ordered. It's basically a version of the Chaoskampf.

I mean, it could have been done a lot better than it was, but I think that's what he was going for.

Remove ads